• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another dumb question....

NavyFishin

Ok, so here is a dumb one for you. What are some good tips on keeping your bobber and line thawed when fishing? It never fails that when I am out there, my line and bobber are solid within a few minutes. Any info is welcomed (i.e. different bobbers, line, etc). THANKS!!!

I almost never use bobbers any more, I prefer deadsticking. If you use a line like gamma esp copoly or p-line flouro-ice you wont have issues with the line freezing. Just set it in a rod holder with the rod tip positioned over the hole and watch the rod tip.

Get rid of the bobber all together if panfishing. Just use a spring bobber, can't beat them for lite biters. Otherwise jig it. If you do have to use a bob then go with the IceBuster, they work great in real cold conditions without icing up.

ole

IceBusters are on order! Thanks. I thought this HSOforum was a great place for info. I just had no idea how expensive it would be! Between the Icebusters, Flutter Jigs, Arctic Armor, led lights, my wife is going to ask me to live in my little ole fish house. Actually, that doesnt sound to bad...

I love the Ice Buster Bobbers and use them frequently, but I too prefer to use a deadstick.

Here's a fun item that I recently purchased at the ice show.

Ice_Stopper.jpg

I haven't used it yet so I can't give a review, but I'm curious to see if it will keep my line free outside of the shelter on the colder days.

For $13 I thought I'd give it a shot.