Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riverrat56

Do you have gas?

17 posts in this topic

The auger/gas consumption post, and my running tally of holes, got me thinking. How many gallons of gas does the average person go through in a year, in their auger?

I went through just under 3 last year and I drill a bunch of holes and fish ~3-4 times a week so just wondering what other guys go through in a year.

I don't fish as much as I'd like to, but average 1-2 times per week. I drill, on average, 20 holes per outing. I have a heck of a time getting through a gallon in a season.

Probably around a gallon for me, but I don't get out near as much as I'd like to.

I would think right around two gallons a year maybe three if I go to the big pond a couple times.

I ran through 3 1/2 last year but I drill alot and I had some 200 hole days.....I also had to get new blades half way through the season

I fish approx 3X/week and drill maybe 20 holes/outing and only go through a little over a gallon with my Strikemaster

I feel right at home with this topic in many ways..... wink

Most of the time I would say I hit the 2 gallon a year mark. But last year, I fished with more people than I used to and I ended up not using as much. With my fishing partners changing some, more of them have augers now and drill thier own holes and heck even mine. So I guess it all depends on who I end up fishing with the most.

I don't know for sure but with the eating and the drinking that goes on my guess is 3 or 4 pairs of underwear.

If I go through more than a gallon a year in my auger it is because it leaked out of the vent on the gas cap when I forgot to close it tight.

I used 2 gallons last year, but when I lived up north it was more like 4. I took making ice look like swiss cheese literally I guess.

1 gallon a year with my 3hp Jiffy...TBD with my new strikemaster 2hp mag2000.

I am still on my gallon from last year but running short. My brother and I do not get out as much as we would like but when we do we make swiss cheese out there. I also sneek out for shorter morning or afternoon trips. He still has two kids under three so he has a shorter leash. Mine are 7 and 3 so I get a little more time on the ice.

I went through about 2 pair of long johns last year!!! The wife made me through them out. Guess it must have been too much cheese and Hamm's.