• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice House Waste Question

stifler51

ok so im planning on building an Ice house with my pops this summer, and the girlfriend enjoys ice fishing just as much as i do, cept she likes to have place to go to the bathroom and i guess it would be nice for those overnighters in the house. i know some of u guys have a porti toilet or whatnot in ur house. what do u do to despose of the waste?

I have a special bathroom bucket for my wife will line it with a plastic bag. After each use the bag will need to be changed and tied up. Put the bags outside and they will freeze. When were ready to lieve the lake will put the bags in the bucket that need to be put into the trush at home. I've ruined a few minnow buckets before I learned that we should have a special bucket.

WhiteKnuckleGrip

I took a wooden seat and laid it on the ground and put a 5 gallon pail on the backside and marked it with a pencil were it would sit so it was centered. I then attached small pieces of wood so when it sat on the pail it would not slide around and it will hold the plastic up. For a taller person use a 6 or 7 gallon pail. I like to put all the Doo bags into 1 plastic bag and put in a pail for the ride home.

We have a chemical toilet that we place in the storage area of the v-front for the ladies to go #1. The guys can go outside. If anybody has to go #2 we flip open the portable outside and start the heater for a few minutes, the portable is modded to hold a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet seat cover, we always double bag, tie it closed and disspose of it in a trash can and take it all to share at the end of the trip.

Unfortunately this was my father in laws last year deer hunting so I modded my 8x12 fish house into a handicap deer stand with all the comforts of home. I took a kitchen table chair took the wood seat off of it and screwed (countersunk) a toilet seat in its place. and put a 5 gal bucket under it. My fish house is on the lake now and the Handicrapper is still in it it feels like home. One of my little boys is potty training and it is natural for him to use this when we are fishing. Plus it makes for a nice chair when the lid is closed.

We use what is called Reliance double doodie tm. It is a double bag system with bio-gel waste gelation that fits a 5 gal pail. We put them out to freeze and take them home. They work very well for a messy job. They are a little more spendy

Ha Ha