Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
wanger29

Stinky Fisherman Chronicles

Me & a pal hit a lake last night that was about an hour and a half away. The distance, the bite, & the comfort of the sunflower made it hard to want to leave. So about 3:00 AM we finally decided to get on the road. This morning, looking down the barrel of a long day after my nap, I scurried as best as I could to get ready for work at 7:30 AM. Last thing I did, unaware of the condition, was put on the same wool jacket I was wearing last night. After shuffling through that long day of work I needed to pick up my daughter at her dance class. I worked my way into the dance lobby,(that's about 12' x 20' room and always packed full of dance mothers), and could not help but start to smell the stench of fish as I stood there-packed like & now even smelling like a sardine. The odor was about as bad as one could imagine. That jacket had definately seen better days! With all the stares and the shuffling feet away from me I started feeling almost obligated to quickly start explaining myself. I'm currently still pondering what I should've done. But instead I patiently waited for class to end and bolted outta the door as fast as I could. The others almost formed a "red sea" for me. Coupled with the long tiresome day I had already, I couldn't possibly think of a more fitting ending to a bad day! And if any dance mothers are reading this I promise it will never happen again!!!

"I'm left wondering kind of work you do considering your coworkers didn't pick up on a scent."

Who knows? I'll probably be the topic at the water cooler for the next day or so?

I've pulled tubs of waxworms and maggots out of my lunchbox at work (kept in the fridge) and got a couple of off-putting looks.

Originally Posted By: snoozebutton
Living in Minnesota, they should be used to the smell of fish. I think they should make a fish scented cologne. grin

yup that will attract the ladies

only the keepers!

I brought a minnow bucket in to my cube at work with an aerator going for a while recently when it was really cold out. Nobody gripped about it though. Cept for my boss who was wondering what the k it was. Im not sure if it smelled or not. I didnt notice anyways....