• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Robins

The Grebe

I used to go for years without seeing any robins in the winter, now it seems that they are permanent residents of Minnesota year round....and I see them every winter.

I mean, I seen about a 100 of them in one group, over in N.E. Mpls a couple of weeks ago.

I've seen them all over in St. Paul and today I must have seen 50 in 2 different groups, in two different areas of Mpls.

It seems that we always had a few that lingered, but whole flocks?

Wow! Silly birds. I wonder why there would be so many now. I was sure I saw one today for the Christmas bird count, but I haven't seen one before this for at least three weeks. Maybe overpopulation? More prevalent feeding? We haven't had much snow in the southern half of the state for the past few years, but they might be in for a shock this year.

I watched the robins for a few minutes and they swooped down to a bird bath that had to be frozen, must have been 5-6 sitting around it?

These sure aren't the worm fed fatties of summer, these dudes are all streamlined, look like they have been on the slimfast diet!

Boy, if they have bought into the global warming, they may have jumped the gun picking this winter to stay north!

had about 6-8 robins at my feeding station the last week. I feed it and all the other birds that take them rasins, cranberries, frozen blueberries, and mealworms(and 3 heated birdbaths). About 2-3 weeks ago the last bluebird decided to head south.