• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1 lb propane tanks

hey guys and gals I have a bunch of one lb propane tanks that I had intentions of filling but have not bought the adaptor yet. so their just sitting in the garage wanting to be filled thier yours if ya want em.

Dan Z

My dad used to refil his a couple years back, however I don't think the adapter will work with the new OPD valves on the newer tanks. It worked slick on the old tanks. Can anyone comfirm this? I know he never could get a complete fill on them. They all only ever took 1/2-3/4 fill.

CA

I wouldn't advertise to give them away. If something goes wrong being its illegal to refill them you could have a problem. The same people who won't keep certain fish or won't transport them without skins on and would report you, are the same ones who do this. Yet they believe you are wrong. $500,000 fine and 5 years for transporting. It's illegl! Just thought I,d post this!

My dad used to refil his a couple years back, however I don't think the adapter will work with the new OPD valves on the newer tanks. It worked slick on the old tanks. Can anyone comfirm this? I know he never could get a complete fill on them. They all only ever took 1/2-3/4 fill.

CA

Hey sorry to hijack. If you keep the 20 pound warm and cool the 1 pounders in a freezer they fill better. I usually put the one pounder in the freezer than fill put back in freezer them fill again I have had zero problems getting it full you actually fill them with more than when you buy them. They do work with the new valves to. Dont worry about the fine if it was so illegal how cam they sell the adapter???

The adapters do work on the new tanks. I bought one from FleetFarm for $20. Works awesome! You do have to release the air pressure out of the top (same hole it goes in) a few times for 5-10 seconds and then you can get them 80% or so full. Otherwise they only fill up less than 1/2.

I use the one pounders all the time and I love being able to fill up and reuse them.

I posted a thread on this subject that got a lot of replies and opinions a few weeks ago.

Here it is...

Other thread on filling 1 Pound Tanks