Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dooger

Ice Saws

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have experience with using ice saws? i am looking at buying one and am curious on how they work and how durable they are? Also who makes the best one? any info will help!!

I use the one with the link above, It is a great saw and works perfect. It is really durable and cuts threw ice so easy. It makes nice smooth cuts and is able to cut threw a lot of ice. I think we have two of them in my family know that i think about it.

Fishtoys on FM is the guy who makes them!!!

I just got one of Fish's saws even before I knew he was one of the FM guys, and it works like a charm!

HIGHLY recommended.

Fish Toys are the best in my book. cant go wrong

also check out the spearing forum for mor info.

thanks for all of the help i will be getting one from Fish Toys

Thanks guys for the compliments blush on the Icesaw! You can’t get mine at Mills. I stand behind mine and if there is a problem I try to fix it!

Gotta go make more Icesaws! grin

Fish's saws are a hot seller for good reason, they are high quality well designed and manufactured tools made to last generations. You can also find his saws at Gander Mtn when they are not sold out, they move very quickly, almost as quickly as they cut.

I'll be using mine again Saturday AM to cut a spearing hole. I'm anxious to see how it works on the much thicker ice we have now!

You can buy a brand new chainsaw for 120 dollars, just dont put bar oil in it. Been using the same saw for 5 years for cutting holes for spearing. Only replaced the chain once, the water and ice keep it cool and lubed.

Does anyone have experience with using ice saws? i am looking at buying one and am curious on how they work and how durable they are? Also who makes the best one? any info will help!!

like my family says "ur not fishing until u start using an ice saw" they work great! it makes no difference if ur cutting through 3 inches of ice or 3 feet of ice it cuts almost the same! one of the best investments i have ever made for darkhouse spearing laugh i have one i got from fleet a few years back (when i was 14). i dont remember the brand name but it still works like a dream

My 2 cents. Well I have had a NILS now for 4 years and I have not had a single problem with it. Cuts fast and straight but you cannot use it as a chisel it has a warning against it. I drill a pilot hole first with my 4.5 NILS hand auger and after that its just lift and drop no pressure against ice.

Mickey Mouse? Hardly. Fish's Ice Saw is a fantastic tool, no ifs ands or buts. And I seriously doubt you "heard" anything like that about them.