• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Saws

dooger

I use the one with the link above, It is a great saw and works perfect. It is really durable and cuts threw ice so easy. It makes nice smooth cuts and is able to cut threw a lot of ice. I think we have two of them in my family know that i think about it.

Fishtoys on FM is the guy who makes them!!!

Fish's saws are a hot seller for good reason, they are high quality well designed and manufactured tools made to last generations. You can also find his saws at Gander Mtn when they are not sold out, they move very quickly, almost as quickly as they cut.

You can buy a brand new chainsaw for 120 dollars, just dont put bar oil in it. Been using the same saw for 5 years for cutting holes for spearing. Only replaced the chain once, the water and ice keep it cool and lubed.

Does anyone have experience with using ice saws? i am looking at buying one and am curious on how they work and how durable they are? Also who makes the best one? any info will help!!

like my family says "ur not fishing until u start using an ice saw" they work great! it makes no difference if ur cutting through 3 inches of ice or 3 feet of ice it cuts almost the same! one of the best investments i have ever made for darkhouse spearing laugh i have one i got from fleet a few years back (when i was 14). i dont remember the brand name but it still works like a dream

My 2 cents. Well I have had a NILS now for 4 years and I have not had a single problem with it. Cuts fast and straight but you cannot use it as a chisel it has a warning against it. I drill a pilot hole first with my 4.5 NILS hand auger and after that its just lift and drop no pressure against ice.