• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tavaris Jackson... NFC Player of the Week!

PierBridge

I'm no T-Junk lover, that's for sure, but he didn't loose the game today. AP coughing up the ball did that well enough. But I do agree that he is not great at connecting to receivers. He has had a few and they look great when he hits them, but he misses more than hits them.

All I can say is instead of getting a possible bye week in the playoffs, maybe we can still look forward to Chilly being go. Bring on Cowell or Billick!!

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Bring on Cowell or Billick!!

Cowher?? Or do you mean Simon Cowell? crazy

Rather have Schottenheimer. I wouldn't mind Cowher, but Schottenheimer has always done well with what he has been given, and always seems to turn bad teams into playoff teams. He might have had less than stellar success in the play-offs, but alot of the teams that have knocked his teams out of the play-offs have gone on to the Super Bowl. Ask and Charger or Chiefs fan and they will all tell you they would take him back in an instant.

I agree with you on that 1, He can make plays once in a while but that does not cut it and it doesn't win games for us. AP is really having a hard time holding on to the ball as well which is not helping us at all either. I think we need a new QB all around!

well the good news is the giants won home field advantage and now have nothing to play for next week....and u can flip a coin to decide tomorrow nights winner....here we go packers here we go!!!! houston was playin pretty good until today but have a good chance of beating the bears also...thats what we have to look foward to when our team doesn't seal the deal lol

What do we have to do to get rid of Peterson's fumble-eye-tus?

The trouble with that is once he has a reputation as a running back who can't hang onto the ball, other teams are going to be keying on that and going after the ball on every play. Happened to the Packers and Ahman Green.

Did anyone see the conversation and hug that Mike Holmgren and Brett Farve had yesterday at the end of their game?

I believe the conversation was about seeing each other at Eden Prairie. Those guys would lead the Vikes to the Super Bowl...

Tavaris' decision making is way too slow to lead the Vikes. Even though the fumbles cost us the game, the mismanaged clock and uncertainty of what to call cost the Vikes too much clock to put together quick drives. He shouldn't need to look over at Chilly to get every playcall with the time ticking. Heck, Falcons were in no-huddle in the first quarter-- why can't the Vikes? (Leadership!!)

I'm shocked at the way everyone's baggin on TJ. Where's Fishin58 to defend him?

If I had to blame one player, my finger would be pointing at AD long before anyone else on the team.

We should have TJ stuff the ball up AD's a$$ on handoffs.

PS- Where is everybody?

Maybe this thread should just focus on bagging T-Jack. He over threw his receivers, but if the receivers run the wrong routes or don't run the routes within the timing they practice during the week, is it T-Jack's fault? Absolutely not.

He's a young QB that has a lot of time to develop. He had absolutely ZERO help from his front line to give him any time to set up a pass.....again thanks to Ryan Cook. If anyone stunk it up on the offense, other than AP, it was Cook.

Take away the fumble of Berrian's and we tie the game.

Take away AP's fumbles and we win the game.

We still tie without Jackson's fumble, which again, the frontline collapsed on him on that play.

I have been glossing the last 8 pages since Friday, Chili said it best, turnovers are the culprit in this game. T made some good plays but had a couple lapses. The Birk snap: T was still make play calls and he did not move his foot to signal a snap to Birk. The fumble was a mistake, but he was trying to make something happen helmet to football is almost a fumble everytime.

The Timeout he called was necessary, has not been said but Birk was making a call to the o-line at about 1 or 2 seconds. Would you rather have a sack because the O-line shifts the wrong way? Like 4 wandering said the ball just didnt bounce right, the dirty birds got a few nice bounces.

I am no way a tj fan, but plain and simple petersons fumblaya cost us the game. Berrians play as well what did he do for us notta.... coughed up the ball dropped pass. Was not a shiancoe fan but he was a stud yesterday. Just typical vikes play at the end of the season and so on blah blah blah.

There can be some positives from the game, we know what we have to work on. Wininning streak are not always the greatest thing in the world. Sure they are nice but there is a lot more pressure because of it. See exhibit A: last years Patriots.

I'm embarrassed although not surprised that any body could possibly put this loss anywhere near T-Jack.....then again you guy's are great football minds...LOL...

Some of you guy's have dug yourself a hole so insurmountably deep you couldn't possible get out of it with a coast guard rescue helecopter......don't bother apologizing or admitting any of this we know you can't do it. grin

kimberleyhole15e2c8mn2.jpg

Go T-Jack keep putting in it the opponent's and Haters face's!

I ask again, did you watch the final drive?

You can throw every stat you want at me. The good QB's figure out a way to get the ball downfield in that situation and give the team a shot at tying or even winning the game.

You know that classic picture of Madden and Favre in a tux and wedding dress? I'm waiting for one of those with Pier and TJack grin

uh, there was no interference there IMO.

How can a good QB go 4 and out on a final "game on the line" drive?

He's just mediocre at best. Maybe the best option the Vikes have right now, but far from the best option they will have next year.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

I will say..

whoever calls Tarvaris Jackson "TJunk" is definitely at least closet bears or packer fan. That's a fact.

So true Vikings fans can see the the Packer or Bears fans just by their posts n here. We now know who you are smile

Ryan didn't look so great, now that's a fact.... hmmmmm.

Not at all sorry to say this, but when you turn the ball over as many times as we did, it should never come down to a single call or non-call. We didn't protect the ball very well. We lost the game long before the last drive. That being said.....Go Pack sick.... See, If we would have won 1 other game earlier in the season, I wouldn't have to have said that.