Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
dogs

Studding tires

Anyone put some kind of screws in ATV tires to act as studs? thinking about it the filling tires with slime after screw some short sheet metal screws in. But was thinking how well screws would hold?

thanks dogs

Not sure how long they will hold, but I have put some short sheet metal screws into the lugs before and it worked very good on the ice, plus they are cheap. Slime works for some things, but I try to avoid it because it makes a huge mess if you want new tires. Also, make sure you put some screws in the front tires also, so you can steer.

I've been putting in 3/8" sheet metal screws for years, holds up very well. I should also add I don't drive very fast, maybe 5 MPH tops.

I bought a huge lot of sheet metal screws (studs) from Dennis Kirk few years ago. There's enough in there to last for quite a few years. I've been putting them in my tire lugs for the past three years. They work GREAT! You'll need to replace them every year because they get worn down.

The thing I like about the studs is that you can ride full throttle across the lake and not have to worry about tire chains breaking and shreading up your fenders.

You will want to put them in all four tires.

No more studs this year, I bought tracks for my wheeler.

KC

I put screws in my dirt bike tires and it was unreal the traction that thing had! On frozen dirt it was unreal! Studs dont last long on dirt though. I think im going to try it on my Vampires this winter.

Will be looking forward to details on tracks and pictures.

Kinda of tracks

Hp reduction

Where you bought them.

Green with envy

hahahha!!

I'll place some pics on here soon. If I can figure it out?

I bought the new model of the Prospectors. They are made specifically for Polaris.

You really don't lose any horse power, but you do lose top end speed. Going through about 10" of powder this weekend, I could get about 40-45 mph. Now I think on hard pack it should be much better.

I bought them from Hitching Post (Hopkins)

KC