• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thoughts on the 5 lb and 11 lb tanks vs 1 lb cylinders

McGurk

I barely use the 1 pounders as I think it's a waste of that metal that goes in recycling or wherever.

I like using the 11 lb tall tank as it fits well in the portable when pulling with the Big Red.

I see your in Bloomington and found Shell isn't too bad to fill up the 11er.

It would be nice to find a cheaper place in Bloomington though.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I told the kid it was new, and he asked me if it needed to be purged, and I said I would guess so, since it's new. The valve was already open, he messed with some side screw and said it looks like it was already purged since nothing came out.

Anyway, I tried a Mr Heater when home and it worked fine so, guess it's good to go.

A while back I talked to the guy that was filling one of my smaller tanks (not sure, probably 5lb) and they're reasoning for higher price per lb was the labor involved. Makes sense to me. (Example: 20lb=$17($10 gas, $7 labor) & 5lb=$9.50 (2.50 gas, $7 labor) Sucks but what are ya gonna do, their time is worth something too.

Yes you can, i fill 1 pounders from my 20 pounder. you have to do it outside. freeze the m.t 1 pounders and then fill upside down with a warm 20 pounder while purging the 1 pounder through the needle valve at the top. i dont do it much any more but i did alot in the past. now i use the composite 16# can to save the hastle.