Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
winniewalleye777

Fish Trap Help

Last year I purchased a Fish Trap Yukon and I am very pleased with the ease of use. I have only had one problem with it so far. The flap that hangs out around the base freezes down when I cover it with snow. The first time this happened, dumba** me thought the straps could handle a little pressure. I just pulled on the bar and it came up, but one of the straps that holds the bottom bar onto the canvas ripped off. I have to sew that back on now which should be an easy fix. Does anyone have a remedy for getting the flap off of the ice? Or do I just have to be more careful?

Be more careful and dont toss wet snow on the flap. I use "Snakors" from www.soderbloom.com

They are a canvas tube that you fill with dry sand or whatever you may want to use. Lay them on the apron of your house and your set. No more freezing in aprons.

Call quick because they are running low on them.

I have also seen guys use plastic coated chain but it doesnt seel up the apron as well in my opinion and they wont weigh as much.

I try to make sure there is a little snow underneath the apron, then cover the apron with snow. If you dont throw slushy snow on it you shouldn't have a problem. If I have to use slushy snow, the layer of snow underneath helps me to get the shovel under so the shovel is not in contact with the tarp.

like stated stay away from using snow that has mixed with the water from cutting your holes....go a couple yards from the house to gather snow for the apron.....I did the same thing with my fish trap pro and had to chisel the thing out after 10 hrs of fishing in one spot and I now have punctures on the apron but it still works fine just another lesson learned the hard way!!

Too many people put slush around bottom and have to chip it out. That's how many of the houses you see for sale end up with holes in the canvas. Use only snow-no slush. Good advice given by others.

I know some guys run some medium weight chain through the sleeve as well. Sounds like a great solution, but I haven't tried it yet.