Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brian6715

Help on Ice House Rental Ideas

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

My mom wants to get my dad a gift certificate for one night in an ice house, and she really wants him to catch fish... mainly walleye! (I am the lucky one because I get to go along for free!) My question is where would you suggest we go where we would have some consistent action and also is within a few hours of the cities (not URL or LOTW). I kind of want to avoid Mille Lacs because it just doesn't sound to hot right now, I was thinking maybe Leech or Vermillion?

Thanks guys!

Brian-

I would try Sportland bait and tackel at Nissawa, talk to Jason or Dave.

I don't know what you are calling a "few" but Leech and Vermillion are a stretch for a "few" hours from the cities. You never know what's going to be hot around the cities.

I would check into Mille Lacs, just because it's always been a on/off walleye lake and you never know what's gonna happen. There's resorts there that will keep their houses "On Fish" to the best of their abilities. A few of them are sponsors on this site.

Look at it this way, you and your old man can spend some quality time together if your catching fish or not.

At least that's what I'd do. I'm OK catching fish or not, it's who you're fishing with and the act of fishing that does it for me.

I agree with Hoggs, it's about being with your Dad and not all about the fish. But then, getting on fish is always good as well. I would seriously check out Appledorns on Mille Lacs. Paul will hook you up for sure.

Winni (I think is a better icefishing lake than leech)

High Banks is good. So is Camp Jigglestick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Your best angle of attack should come like this: Do you need to control your trolling motor with your sonar? if so you have 2 choices. Lowrance uses motor guide and H-bird goes with Minnkota. If that is not a requirement than the field is wide open. IMO don't go with a screen smaller than 9" with side imaging there is so much detail that its hard to see on a 7" screen. I'd stay away from garmin or any unit that doesn't have a true down scan ducer that uses software to produce a down scan image there is just too much stuff lost without it.   
    • It's a pop or in my case an ice tea bottle with several 1/8" holes near the bottom of the bottle.  I then roll up paper towels and get as many as I can stacked inside the bottle.  When I need to cough I unscrew the top and cough into it.  It definitely softens then noise to more of a rush of air sound.
    • I use the standard frogs (non-Popping) as i feel i can always pop a non-popping.  I do like to throw into cover and hit those pockets and open area's ... there is times when walking it really makes a big difference on strikes.  Can't wait for the season!!  i was just experimenting with the frogs and not bass fishing yet.   We will keep in touch and see how ya all are doing with the frogs this summer.  I am intrigued also with the Zoom Horny toad, ready to try those also.   Cret
    • What spin is needed? We lost, this happens all the time in the playoffs, that is why they play the games. Our very own team has bounced two division leaders in the past 4 years, are we going to give them credit for those series wins or just completely focus on the negative and whine about everything. There are plenty of positives to take away from this season, really there is a ton to be excited about going forward if you don't solely focus on all thing negative.
    • I am interested in what this cough muffler looks like
    • Looks like a lot of rocks.  Could be some fish laying on the bottom.  I look for separation between the object and the shadow.  After I get more acquainted with my new unit i will try and post some shots
    • Its a whole new world down there with SI and DI.   After you learn what the picture is showing you,  you'll wonder what took so long to get it   I was a Lowrance guy for years and made the switch to H'bird this year with the new Solix with Mega chirp.  Very happy with it so far.  Amazing clarity and images.  
    • Swiveldigger picked up his 3rd win of the year with 342 pts. and jumped from 11th to 5th in the standings.   2--fishingstar  322 3--88fan    316 3--huckfin  316 5--Juneau4  310 6--BlackLundProV  308                                               HIGHEST  WEEKLY SCORE HAS BEEN   CATZMAN                                                                                                                   365 7--Catzman  268 8--jar jar  242 9--mnwildman  224 10--gregg52  174 11--Musky999  128   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Standings 1--Juneau4  2170 2--Catzman  2121 3--fishingstar  2092 4--88fan   2052 5--Swiveldigger  1995 6--mnwildman  1994 7--Gregg52   1985 8--BlackLundProV  1975 8--huckfin  1975 10-jar jar   1947 11-Musky999  1890 
    • Back to the original reply- which one and which size? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Basement-Watchdog-Emergency-Battery-Backup-Sump-Pump-System-BWE/100055241   Amperage (amps) 6.5   Or, if you want to be serious then install a few of these bad boys. I call it the Mother Of All Backups or MOAB for short.   https://www.sumppumpsdirect.com/SUMPRO-SUMPROGOLD-Sump-Pump/p2565.html  
    • Has anyone been on Clear yet this season? Thinking about heading that way in a few weeks to try for some walleye and yellows. 
  • Our Sponsors