Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice Cold

Strikemaster Lazer Mag Fuel/Oil Mix

5 posts in this topic

I figured I would ask the question here before I call Strikemaster customer service. Here is my situation: I have a two year old Strikemaster Lazer Mag that has a 2hp tecumseh power head. The sticker on the head indicates that a 24:1 fuel/oix should be used. However, I noticed a large amount of oil secreting from the muffler at various points, so I thought the mix was too rich. I checked the Strikemaster HSOforum and it says that the fuel/oil mix for 2hp tecumseh should be 40:1. What am I missing? Did they change the power head recently to a different model that requires a 40:1 mix or is the sticker on my auger wrong and I am using way too rich of a mix?

i have a strikemaster mag 2000 also has the 24:1 sticker on it but i run amsoil saber professional at 100:1 works great no more oil coming from the muffler and very little smoke give it a try you will be happy

I have a 10 yr old lazermag, this is my 1st year 100:1 Amsoil Saber. Runs better than ever, limited smoke, no oil leakage from the muffler.No oil leaking in the portable when transporting either. Give it a try , it is great stuff.

Ditto what the other guys have said but it's VERY IMPORTANT to know that Amsoil is a synthetic designed to run at that mixure, Don't try it with anything else. If you switch to Amsoil make sure you get the proper oil as the make a few differnt types for differnt applications. Side note I've been using for it years in my strikemaster and it's awesome. It started on the first pull after sitting for a year and it did smoke for a bit till she warmed up and cleared out. Good luck.

I don't use Amsoil but rather conventional oil and mix 50:1. Always have...