• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Permanent House Questions

FasterThanYou23

Me and a couple buddies built a 8x12 this fall.We're planning on putting it out on rush this saturday.My questions are,where do I go to register it?Also we built it on skids but I think we want to put it up on block so it doesnt freeze to the lake,but am not sure how to go about getting the blocks under it...

you can get a license for it anywhere you can buy hunting fishing licenses. and as far as putting blocks down i use a chisle to lift up on it while someone else puts the blocks down but my house is smaller then yours... not sure how heavy yours will be. a car jack would probably work fine

All you need is a good bar about 5-6 foot long and an 8x8 block to pry it up then slide in a smaller block. I built my first house nice and light 8x12 and blocked it up so it wouldn't freeze down. Big windy storm came and rolled the house across ottertail lake till the bigest chunk of house was a 4x4 chunk of plywood. Not fun!!! Smart to block it up but atleast bank it before you leave it unless its built heavy.

a shelter tag is what you need, you don't have to physically bring the house in to purchase it, just go to anywhere that sells fishing licenses and you can get one there.

As far as blocking it up 2 x 4s should work id put three on each side, the corners obviously and then the middle, maybe even four total on each side. if you need to go higher due to water coming up then you can always add from there. A good jack or the chisel idea should work. Just remeber to take the blocks if you move it to use again,

just depends on how heavy your house is.i have a big and heavy 8 x 16 on lotw i use a track jack.but most of the time i just use a big long bar cause it rarely freezes to the blocks.then make sure you have your id tag on it also.name and address or lic# or the dnr# letters and #'s gotta 2 inches or more.

i guess it all depends on how strong you buit it.i put 2x4 walls and my floor joyces are 2x6.s with 1/2 inch treated floor on top of that.with 6x6 skids and pro rib siding.my house is built like a house.it is nothin to pry our house free from the blocks.but i never tried to lift it to put blocks under it.try lifting it up 4 inches with a bar 1st before you bring it on the lake.if not try a jack.

We built ours using 2x6's for the floor,2x4's for the outside of the walls with 2x2's every two feet inbetween.1/4 inch osb for the walls,5/8 osb for the floor and 7/16 for the roof.Vinal siding,rubber roof.We've got it jacked up on blocks in the yard right now.We used a jack for that.Id just be kinda nervous to use a jack on the ice with under a foot of ice.