Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cedarnarrowsguy

Manitou Report

18 posts in this topic

How's the ice making progress this year in the Manitou area? Was the lake & stretch froze before the snow? How much snow? Thanks!!

Hey Cedarnarrows,

The strecth was froze as well as esox, I don't know how much snow we really have on the lake. Most of it was blown around. I am guess the bays will have some slush but the main parts will be fine. We have had some unreal temps the past few days and it looks like it's going to stay cold for the next week or so.

I can give you a better idea once we get up and check some snow and ice depths. The first trip in won't be until the 29th, I will post how things went when we get back.

Need to hear something about the Tou!

How will the water level be this Spring? A lot of meltoff?

Hey Cedar, if you're up June 3-10, we ought to get together with Matt for a Blue. I'll be in his outpost cabin up by the big lake.

Similar - hey this is Hoffer.

We had some e-mails last year regarding Manitou. We are actually coming up to the outpost the day you leave! I would love to be able to touch base with you on the way out if possible? Or maybe you guys could write us a quick note and leave it at the cabin with any advice :-)

my e-mail is: mark.hoffmann@comcast.net

Hoffer,

Sure, I'd be glad to. I'm really looking forward to trying that eastern area. I'll shoot you a quick email so you have mine.

Hey outfitter, I might make a quick trip up this weekend. If I do I'll probably stay fishing on the stretch. Any recent reports? ice conditions? If you are around I would stop in to say hi......leaving early friday, hopefully here from ya. Thanks

I was just up a few days ago. The conditions were excellent. There was only 4" of snow on the ice and never found any slush. We have had 4-6" of light fluffy snow since, but it is -20 F and doubt ir will cause any slush. I will be back up on the weekend and will post an update.

I might be looking for a place to stay two nights this fri & sat. We have sleds, portables, food, all gear....just need two beds...I know its short notice but thought I would ask. Thanks.

I will be on Dogfly this Saturday with a green Polaris widetrack. Stop by if you are around.

From the reports I am getting it looks like it will be wed. or thurs. now for ice out. With the mild daytime temps and the cool nights, things havn't really melted like I would have liked.

Matt how about pipestone I'am going up thursday for a few days...call me if you'll be around...bob

It should be out by thursday, from what I here.

Matt if you get the ice machine i can bring it up for you

aprowl... Didja get my email? Shoot me an email or give me a buzz!