• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tica Reels

smackthewalleyes

I just purchased another Tica Cetus SS500 for my new St. Croix Legend Rod a couple of days ago. Well, I was screwing around on the internet last night and saw the Tica Cetus SE500 for about 5 dollars more. Are these new? What is the difference between the two. Basically, I want to know if I should send the SS500 back and buy the SE500. Thanks for the information.

I am not sure about the se500 but I would not trade my ss500....I would keep it and not think twice about it.....they also have an sb500 (or 550) and I can't tell the difference between the ss and the sb other than color.....great reels great drag!!

SS500, SB500 & SE500 are the same reel internally, just different cosmetics to the appearance.

The added feature to the SE500's is that the SPARE spool is metal instead of a composite spare spool which you find on the SS500 and SB500.

Tica 500 reels are awesome I have 7 of them and use them for everything from smelt to lake trout and pike. I mostly used on my rods for pannies, perch, and walleyes. They are always smooth and easy to reel even when it is very very cold.

I own one of each and other than the spare aluminum spool and the holes in the spool on the SS, there is no real difference. I spent the extra money on the SE for my second reel but I'm not sure why. It isn't very often in the winter that I'm switching spools on my reels anyway. Very important on my summer reels but I can't for the life of me figure out why I would do it in the winter.