• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What is the easiest pulling two man Flip over shelter?

Diago

I have heard if ya put hy fax on ne shelter they pull much nicer. I pull my ranger but it is heavy when the snow starts to get deep, if the snow is hard its a lot easier I always have more fun when I bring the snowmobile with as its easier to move around.

I was in the same perdicament a few weeks ago, i liked the guide but they put the bench seat in this year and it's not so comfortable. I went with the Trekker 2 and am very pleased so far. The size and weight are the same as the guide except for a little more head room on the trekker, it has seats and is $70 cheaper. I also found that adding a longer rope helps pull it easier.

I agree with the Trekker II. I bought one this year, and with all my gear it's still easy to pull. I'm guessing it's one of the lighest 2-man shelters, weighing in at 71 lbs. I added it up one day and figured I was at 120-130 lbs total. I really can't complain as I was used to my dad's house that was 140 lbs empty. This is much better, and it's a really nice house to boot.

I have the QuickflipII and it is an easy drag for one guy.I usually use it alone but it has room for two and I can load it in my truck by myself. The sled is not built as heavily as other models and may wear out quicker from towing. I'm careful about pulling it over gravel or paved parking lots. I should put on some runners but haven't done it yet,,lazy.

I have the clam 2 person guide series and it is very light, seats move around to make room for equipment. The other thing that is nice about this shack is the fact the seat slide from the front to the back. So you can drill the holes right of the edge of the sled and slide the seat back and then you have all the room from the sled to the end of the tent for heaters, minnow buckets and fishing tackle. The only down fall is that it is very short height and the only really good way in and out is by flipping it over tent each time. But if you are looking for easy to pull lite and still have room for equipment there is nothing better

I have a Fishtrap Guide as well. I haven't pulled them all but I can't imagine too many of them being any easier to pull for a 2 man unit. I also have hyfax on mine. Mine is a little bit older, I think it was the second design and I don't care much for the seats. I wish I could mod it like some guys here do but I want it to be light. I only usually use it early and late when I am walking otherwise I have a wheelhouse.

the clams are light because their sleds are thin pieces of $hit. along with that average canvas and no they don't pull very easy either because of their sled design. My big otter with hyfax pulls easier than my trap pro. u can wear out a clam, not an otter. easy choice here

All house are a pain to pull once you get about 4-6" of snow. Look for a tub with a good lift in the front. The boxy type sleds suck to pull. I prefer the Otter tubs because they have a high lift in front and the tubs are the best quality on the market.

No tub pulls real easy when filled with all your gear and you have some snow to walk through.

A Frabill GT Glide Tracks series shack pulls easy Tracks well.

Lots of them on the ice, so find a angler with one and ask him to let you drag it around a bit...that should be an easy enough sell.

Get an idea if the GT system is a significant benefit to you, or not.