• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Recommendation

There are probably several posts out there on this but I'm looking for some recommended resorts in canada. Lac Seul sounds popular but I have never made a trip to Canada and would like to take my Dad. I'd be bringing my own boat (Ranger 681) so I'm impartial on the size of the body of water. I don't want to spend a ton of $$ but would like to go for a week. I would like to expereince good walleye, pike, and smallmouth bass fishing with the potential for trophys in each species. We'd be looking at probably end of May to Mid-June. If you want feel free to email me at [email protected].

Thanks in advance...Brad.

Just lots of good spots. I have been to Ontario for about 30 straight years and have had great years and just good years but never a disappointing trip. My favorite time is the second week in June with the first and third weeks the alternates. The bass are really hot at this time and the walleyes are also active.

I would suggest you do a search at sunsetcountry that should list more than enough options to fill your needs.

If your primary target is SMB, then the Bearpass area of Canadian Rainy is my recommendation . The Bearpass area is 25 miles east of Ft. Francis. There are several resorts that are right in the center of some excellent SMB, walleye, NP and crappie fishing. Taylors Cove, Coppens, The Fisheries and The Landings are all nice places and have excellent owners. From these resorts you have access to miles of water. The first two weeks of June is prime time for SMB, walleye and crappie. The pike tend to bite anytime. Any earlier and it's mainly walleye. Leave home at 6 am and you will be checked in and fishing by 3pm. If you are interested post your questions and I'll answer them here for the benefit of everyone. Best to make reservations now because the resorts are small and get booked up.