• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

car problem

2004 pontiac grand prix. Car is kept in a heated garage so the problem is not the cold. This morning the battery was totally dead. I hooked the charger up to it and a blower in the car runs without the keys in the ignition. I also get a humming sound over the cars speakers, So i am sure these things are draining the battery-----Any ideas?????????

I would put a new battery in the car then have it tested. If the battery is weak some modules come on , and wont shut off because the voltage is to low. Either that or charge the battery for a few hours then have it tested, if it is good, then have it tested for a draw. You cant test the system if the battery is weak!

4WE, does the HVAC power supply come directly from the ignition switch on that one? Specifically the power the the blower. On the alero's I have had bad ignition switches cause a loss of power the the blower under load, thought it might be possible to have it go the other way around?

I wouldn't worry quite yet about the humming in the radio. Afaik, that wouldn't be uncommon with some battery chargers due to the ripple in the charger output.

About the rest, sometimes electronics do funny stuff when the voltage is low.

Get the battery charged up first, and the car started, and go from there... with a battery load/life test and parasitic current draw tests, etc.