• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Keeping wifes feet off the ice

fishon68

I think the stuff I am thinking of is called high density polyethylene foam. At any rate, if you have a worn out throwable life preserver (seat type) that has the two or three sheets of foam in it, use that! Lightweight, excellent insulation, and durable.

Another thought is if she has enough room in her boots is to put in another felt insole or if you are cheap adding a few layers of styrofoam from say meat packages. Just adding some more insulation between the foot and the ice helps.

I use a cuple of pieces of 2x12 that are about 18" long. Keeps your feet off the ice and warmer. Little heavier than carrying foam, but it's what I had laying around and it won't blow off the sled when being pulled by the wheeler or strong gusts of wind.

You could hunt down a chunk of "pink" or "blue" foam used for insulating foundations from allot of construction dumpsters.

I kept an old closed cell foam sleeping pad, (you know, the green ones we used in Boy Scouts,) that has been turned into lots of things....... I was just planning on cutting circle out of it for bucket seat insulation. It would be great for her feet, but might slide around a bit.

carpet seems to be used allot.

On very cold days I prop my feet off the ice using a rectangular plastic milk crate that I cut down to about 4 inches. Doesn't stick to the ice, is durable as all 7734, and I use it to keep odds-n-ends in while not in use.

Another thing to try is if there is extra room in your Voyager, put your feet inside of the sled itself.

The best place to start is with boots. A good set of boots is a must!