• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to find an heirloom quality spear?

Notcho

Anyone know who makes really good "heirloom quality" spears?

The only ones I seem to find are the run of the mill production ones. I have been borrowing my buddies spear that was handmade for him and I want my own but I can't seem to find a nice one.

When I ask other guys where they got theirs the say "from my grandpa" or from "old man Johnson... but he passed away years ago"!

Any help is appreciated.

Notcho, Try Fabeck spears from Melrose MN., 320-256-5623, He is building the Jeremy Kraemer spear,you might get a 9 tine for next year if you contact now, . These spears will be the next Dillo, or Louis, or Pimple spears when your kids are grown up, believe me!!. If you have any questions , get back to me. Dark house Mike

There's a guy that lives outside Plato, MN (assume he's still there) I bought my saw from. (SW Saw's maybe is the name of his company??). His fist name is Harlan I believe. He makes the most beautiful spear I have ever seen or touched. They truly are masterpieces. They are also $250, but from what I saw when picking up my saw, they would be well worth it. Unbelievable quality. I will get his info off my saw case this weekend and post it.

Thanks for the feedback!

I spoke with Michael Fabeck (very nice on the phone) today and I am still waiting for a callback from the double diamond guy on price and availability.

My buddy has a Pimpl spear that I used and I am trying to get the same quality.

checked out the double diamond the other day they start at about $300 and go up to $800 they look very nice. The wife said cant spend that much this year on a spear. But she my never know how much i spent.