• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Strikemaster Strikelite

docc8

I bought a Strikelite last year and I have some questions. When I go to drill holes it seems to bog down especially if it is not warmed up. Is this normal? Do I honestly have to let it warm up for a few minutes every time I use it? I have to let it warm up even if it has sat for only 30 minutes. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Adjust the throttle or carburator? Any help would be appreciated.

I can't help on the auger but I have a leaf blower the same way, runs great after warming up but is cold blooded, the dealer said it has something to do with the emissions. I don't know for sure but maybe being a 4 stroke it needs to have the carb warmed up to be efficient.

Have you run all the break-in oil/gas thru it? I noticed on my 2nd and 3rd tanks much more power. Also, if you have last year's gas in there, dump it and put some fresh in. I always dump it in my wheeler in the spring and run it out before storing it. That way I am ready for fresh gas in the fall. You might try running it in your driveway until it is good and warm (couple minutes at full throttle). Then lean the mixture back until it coughs a little then out about 1/8 turn.

FLaker

I always start it up when I get out there, lay it sticker side up and let it warm up while setting the house up (about 5-10 minutes) then drill away. The thing barely uses a drop of gas, so it's not like it is too spendy to let it run.

Docc8

Due to the emissions regulations on all the new small engines, lean running at start up is normal. You will not get full power out of the engine until the intake throat of the carb reaches a higher temp than the ambient temps.

If you want to cut holes while the engine is still cold, if you have a choke on the carb, run the engine with the choke partialy closed. This will allow more fuel to enter the engine.

One of the other posts stated that the engine will gain more power after break in. To a degree, this is true, but not as much as one would think. Under full power, these small engines take about ten minutes to seat the rings and achieve full power band. Your engine was ran for at least five minutes at the factory, and it was ran under a load. Believe it or not, all small engines are ran at the factory prior to shipping to the equipment manufactures.

Under power engines are a fact of life now days.

Harry