• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

getting songs to phone music player

Ryan_V

Question

I just upgraded my phone to one with a music player. I have a samsung gravity and can't figure out how to get songs transferred to it. I bought a memory card for it and have it installed. I have the usb cable for it, but it won't work. I know I must be doing something wrong, please help!! if it matters I have my songs in windows media player. I don't want a ton on the phone, just a few to use as ringtones. thanks

4 answers to this question

You can load music onto the Gravity via a micro-SD card or PC upload.

The software CD that came with your phone will let you move your music to and from the phone.

Or you can copy music on to your micro-Sd from your computer and then put the card into your phone.

You may have to convert your music to MP3 before doing this not sure if your phone will play WMA's or not.

You can use the Samsung program to manage multimedia and files on your phone, it's called Samsung PC Studio 3 and works very slick.

2 issues you will have with your phone:

1-every time you turn phone on you will have to initialize the card (just browse it).

2-The MP3 ringtone cannot be full length, it has to be reduced to at max 350kb to be able to set it up as a ringtone, PC Studio 3 will help you with it, you have to edit the sond and use just part of it.