• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Through the snow to ribs2 we go!

JayinMN

I added a fresh rib cage and some sunflower seeds to rib2 today. Lots of chickadees, a couple downies, and a hairy woodpecker were there when I arrived. I didn't stay long to see if any Boreals would show up. I put up a cheap-o bird feeder with sunflowers in it too. Its pretty ugly, the dog chewed it up a bit and I was going to throw it out. I figured its still functional and ugly enough that no one should take it. Hopefully it will attract finches, grosebeaks etc.

We had to blaze our own way up S. Adirmal. Hopefully it gets plowed soon. If you go make sure you have 4 wheel drive. I remember one year they quite plowing it.

Molly the overly enthusiastic lab leading the way.

mollyroad.jpg

Sure looks desolate Jay!...not an area one would like to have car/truck problems in grin....I used to see magpies in that lone tree on the left in your image ....I picked up some more "black oil" today also..."blankety blank" deer ate all the black oil seed I put out for the birds at Carey Lake this last week....seed has dropped a few bucks from last years prices.....I think I'll "rearrange" the station at Ribs1.....I've been there 3 weekends in a row and nothing "zip"(well, a lone squirrel of course) ....it was "alot" better in the original places I put the "treats" last year.....the ribs last week were not touched and covered with snow...think I'll place them back in the trees as Ribs 2......plus add more seed....