• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowblower wind protection

JIGGS

Question

When operating a push-type snowblower in windy conditions, what is the best protection from wind/snow blowback? There are times it is necessary to go into the wind or at least into a crosswind. Are the vinyl/plastic Snow-shields any good? Do they frost up? How about other ideas -- goggles etc.?

6 answers to this question

I have tried ski goggles and they work, but you still get plenty of snow on your clothing. A couple of years ago I purchased a snow shield and it works very well. It does not frost up and keeps the snow off of me.

When operating a push-type snowblower in windy conditions, what is the best protection from wind/snow blowback? There are times it is necessary to go into the wind or at least into a crosswind. Are the vinyl/plastic Snow-shields any good? Do they frost up? How about other ideas -- goggles etc.?

Arctic Armor!! grin