Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JIGGS

Snowblower wind protection

7 posts in this topic

When operating a push-type snowblower in windy conditions, what is the best protection from wind/snow blowback? There are times it is necessary to go into the wind or at least into a crosswind. Are the vinyl/plastic Snow-shields any good? Do they frost up? How about other ideas -- goggles etc.?

I have tried ski goggles and they work, but you still get plenty of snow on your clothing. A couple of years ago I purchased a snow shield and it works very well. It does not frost up and keeps the snow off of me.

The snow enclosures for them are the way to go. I have a small driveway so I just suck it up.

When operating a push-type snowblower in windy conditions, what is the best protection from wind/snow blowback? There are times it is necessary to go into the wind or at least into a crosswind. Are the vinyl/plastic Snow-shields any good? Do they frost up? How about other ideas -- goggles etc.?

Arctic Armor!! grin

On Sunday we had about a foot of snow and the wind was blowing it right back into my face as I blew out the driveway. I put my snowmobile helment on and plowed away. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it before.

I'll be trying the snowmobile helmet tonight. Right there all the time. Duh!