Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Frosted Eyelashes.

10 posts in this topic

Not mine, rather this Northern Hawk Owl's! Have a close look between the ears and the corner of the owl's eyes...that is frost! Then again, I guess there's nothing special about that, after all the mercury was sitting at -30 degree's below Celius this morning!

That will put frost on just about anything and anyone, LOL!

IMG_3948-1.png

Very nice shot - how are your eyelashes doing in those temps????!!! It's a balmy -3F here...

Wonderful photo! And I was just going to ask the same question dockothebay asked. Good for you for being out there.

Nice image, Stu. Frosted eyelashes probably means his breath was going up. I've always wanted to photograph a bird's breath but haven't had any luck yet. Probably at least partly because I tend to set up with the sun at my back, and breath is best seen when backlit.

That is cold and he/she looks very cold! Can't get more puffed out than that guy.

Thanks for sharing.

That is cold and he/she looks very cold! Can't get more puffed out than that guy.

Thanks for sharing.

Right on Mike, that's what makes this photo interesting. Mind you, I don't think the little owl finds any humor in this! grin

IMG_3982-1.png