Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hondarider550

How was fishing this weekend?? 12/13/08 and 12/14/08

8 posts in this topic

I was just wondering how everybody did this weekend. Where did you go and how well did you do? I and moparmarv tried it but the wind and cold won... Thats the way it goes... Will have to try this again next week..

took the kids out on Sat the backwaters of the big river, we got around 60 fish all sunny and blues we only kept 15 for a nice meal last night.

We went out on Washington on Sat. Didn't do to bad. Had to move around a couple of times. had some people set up almost right on top of us. Was unbelievable. Would be sitting out fishing and next thing you know someone is sitting up right next to you because they saw you catch a fish. Would move to a different hole and pretty soon here they came again. Finally moved to a different part of the lake.

I had luck catching Crappies this weekend but was surprised best came mid afternoon on my largest spoons tipped with a fathead right off the bottom. I usually use smaller spoons and get then suspended. Who knew!

Had a wonderful Crappie bite Friday night and Saturday night...and Saturday in the day we caught three nice Northerns with sucker minnows on tip-ups. This was on Spring Park Bay (tonka).....no Waldos though which was frustrating.

This first time I dropped my jigging Rap down the hole on Saturday, I caught a 13" perch. The bite was on!

It was really slow where I was, marked a lot of fish but couldnt get them to commit.

Got a couple crappies, and saw a couple walters taken too of the shoreline structure.