• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Heading out Wed. AM...

Ace

Any tips out there from any veteran travellers, anything I need to know about or do with my digital SLR and equipment as I go through the airport?? Hawaii here I come!!

First off enjoy your trip! You are one lucky guy with the weather in this state for the next week!

I always carry my photo gear on so I know it will get to the destination. Should be no big deal for you, its possible your photo gear will be inspected but I've never had that take more than a few minutes.

I do ask that they not open and or touch anything in my bag unless I am standing right there. Every TSA person has been more than cooperative in that regard.

Check the TSA web site for the latest on battery information, I don't believe that has changed in the last year. I've carried as many as 9 in one bag along with chargers.

Make sure your gear NEVER leaves your sight! If you are sitting and waiting I use my backpack as a footstool. Either you are hanging on to it or someone in your traveling party. You are better off with a bag that doesn't scream photo gear!

Again good luck and travel safe!