Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mnhunter 3815

how much snow you get?

32 posts in this topic

according to the weather channel.our area got 9.5 inches.when i got home from lotw it took me 2 hours just to plow my driveway.

Looks like well over 12" but it has been blowing hard. "Winter Storm Warning" in effect until noon Monday. Predictions are up to 18". Temps 20 to 50 below zero in the next few days not including wind chill. No school Monday so the kids are bummed, or was that my wife?

Yeah Fargo said 8-14 but with the wind blowing at 40 MPH all day its really tough to tell it's been -10 as well...They closed down interstate 94 from Fergus all the way out to Jamestown (about 150 miles of interstate). Just really happy I haven't had to be out in it yet. Stay safe!

cant tell, the temp right now is -6 and the wind is blowing at 30mph gusting to 40,so i cant tell... it was snowing out before the wind came! already 2 hrs late for school tomorrow! wish it wouldnt be so cold in the morning id get up early and go fishing,but i dont feel like gettin frost bite!!! Brrrrrrrrrr

Let me change my earlier description....It is snowing and blowing terribly out right now. Can't see down the block. Sheriffs office just interrupted tv and said do not travel.

Hard to tell because everything is drifted so much, but I would guess it's 10-12"

Just got off the phone with my uncle who has a cabin on Millacs and he said that they got +12" of snow and its blowing about 40mph

Officially 9.5", but the driveway was drifted about 2 feet for most of it. Half the time it was over the top of the of the snowblower. Just got back in from 1 1/2 hours of blowing snow shocked

12" up by Mille Lacs confused

Funny how things can change in a short distance with the weather. Here in Princeton, maybe 4" and it was nice today and getting colder now, but still snowing a little. My buddy in Big Lake got almost nothing.

Maybe 6 or so around duluth but that wind keeps it blowing all over as others said...hopefully its not enough to keep that ice from getting thicker

snowing sideways now in lakeville. below zero now after being almost 40 earlier.

In th Twin cities, today at one we had 42 deg. and by 4 it was 8 deg. and everything was a giant skating rink. now the snow is starting to acumulate. On Big Marine lake, the ice was covered with 1-2 in. of water and almost had white caps to boot.

HTB

WOW, welcome back to a real MN winter, been so many years since we had one like this. Brings back good and not so good memories. frown Winter of 96/97 had me blowing snow almost everyday all winter. crazy

Hopefully it won`t get this bad again. confused

I lost my snomobile. I can see the windshield sticking out of the drift and it is up to the bumper of my F-150 on sheltered roads.

Between 14" and 15" near I. Falls. 3 - 4' drifts now. Have a 1 ton plow truck. Plowed all the roads last night on the way to my plowing jobs as that's how deep it was on the main roads! Plow couldn't go up high enuf to stay out of the snow!

AWESOME!

LET IT SNOW

13"-18" near Marcell. I went out and took dome pics of what it looks like around these parts. I hope the plow comes soon. I have a Forestry Math Finale at 8:00am tomorrow morning.

DSCF1285.jpg

DSCF1289.jpg

DSCF1272.jpg

DSCF1273.jpg

DSCF1275.jpg

DSCF1284.jpg

DSCF1280.jpg

DSCF1288.jpg

And this is what it "should" look like.

DSCF0207.jpg

Like others said it is tuff to tell with all the drifts but I would say somewhere around a foot....