Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rivernut

snowblower starter ?

9 posts in this topic

Went to hit the electric starter and it clicked once and that was that. It is a Troybilt, and is less than a year old. I can't find that there is a fuse. Anything else that I could check. Thanks in advance.

I dont recall any reset on the blower itself. If it was plugged into a GFI outlet make sure that it didn't pop the reset.

Was not plugged into a GFI, and circuit breaker in garage was not tripped.

Before you go to far make sure the cord is in working order.

The ground prong snapped off, but that should not affect the starting. That is just a safety issue, correct?

Not sure what kind of cord yours has, but mine is just like a regular extension cord, if yours is too try a different cord to be sure that is not the problem. I really don't think the grounding tong would cause an issue, but if you can rule it out?

The starter (what ever you call it that pops out to engage) could be corroded or a loose connection inside the motor.

Maybe it got some moisture in it someplace - can you warm up the starter with a hair dryer or something and see if that gets it fired up?

I will try that, will post how it is going. Thanks for the input folks.