• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crow V.2 "T-Jack"

PierBridge

He's doing well. Let's be realistic though. Berrian made a great catch even though he was well covered. Nice pass to Rice. He had to catch it or he would have had a hole in his chest! : ) Long handoff to Taylor more or less.

He hasn't done anything special or really proven anything. His issues are still the same. Reading defenses, looking off recievers and making his progressions. Mostly first look passes which is probably good for him at this time. He hasn't made any mistakes which is good.

I don't think crow will be served today seeing as it's one game and it's the Cardinals.

It takes a lot of time before you can serve crow. You have to cook it slow so it doesn't get tough.

No matter what I don't think he's the long term solution to our quarterback problems.

James

He threw a good pass but Berrian made a great catch. My God you and united jigsticker make it sound like he's P.Manning.

How can we be upset about being wrong. He hasn't proven to be a reliable quarterback yet.

He played well today. Fine I'll give you that. Talk to me when he can do it on a consistent basis. Otherwise you are talking out your arse!

I can't believe you guys are so in love with him. He might wind up being an okay qb someday but no more than that. At this point he wouldn't be a starting qb on any nfl team unless there was an injury.

No you just can't give the guy an ounce of credit. He couldnt have played any better today. Thats not saying hes a team savior. Its not saying hes the long term answer. Its not saying im in love with him. Its simply giving the guy a bit of credit. When given the chance today he made plays.

No you just can't give the guy an ounce of credit. He couldnt have played any better today. Thats not saying hes a team savior. Its not saying hes the long term answer. Its not saying im in love with him. Its simply giving the guy a bit of credit. When given the chance today he made plays.

I thought T-junk held up OK. Still threw for 5 less yards than AP ran for. I think that's a little sad. He had some good TD passes but I saw a lot of ankle biting passes as well. Also, I'd like to see him play from behind before I jump on his back. If it wasn't for a long Punt return for seven it coulda been a whole diferent game without the early lead. He didn't do bad, but wasn't extremely good either. He was an OK QB. You can't say it was a great day with 11 completed passes. 11 completions for 162 yeards is not a really good day. I'm waiting for over a 200 yrd game from him. Then I MIGHT start to get impressed.

Again, why dont you enlighten everyone on what more he was suppose to do? What was he asked to do that he didnt do? He was only asked to pass the ball 16 times and completed 11, 4 of which were TD's. He threw one low ball to Berrian on a comeback route, the only pass he threw that was subpar. Where in this game did he fail? Is it impressive to complete drives for TD's on his arm rather than settle for FG's?

i agree with koonie...but i will give him props for todays performance.

it couldn't of lined up any better for him though...playin with a lead, only needing to attempt 17 passes, rushing for 240 yards, and the d-fence was all over warner like a pack of wolves.

tjack wasn't under much pressure ( from the defense or having to keep us in or win the game ) thats when he folds under pressure and makes mistakes...kinda like how his brain works when they interview him...he doesn't know what to say or how to say it.

but all that comes with experience and if he would of played the first two games like today he would of been starter all year...the first two games look like he took 2 steps backwards...he made some nice plays today and didn't make any mistakes...nice and efficient.

we'll have to see how he plays when the running game isn't going anywhere and its a tight game....can he lead us to a victory on his shoulders? thats the only way to know if he's progressed...cause thats what good qb's can do.

Again, why dont you enlighten everyone on what more he was suppose to do? What was he asked to do that he didnt do? He was only asked to pass the ball 16 times and completed 11, 4 of which were TD's. He threw one low ball to Berrian on a comeback route, the only pass he threw that was subpar. Where in this game did he fail? Is it impressive to complete drives for TD's on his arm rather than settle for FG's?

He didn't "fail", I'm just saying he didn't play great. Everything was in his favor. Rushing was all over the place and we were a head the whole time. If he keeps playing like that, then good for him. I hope he does. I just don't have anything to show me that it's time to believe in him.

Listen this isnt the kind of offense period that is designed to come from behind. This team is built on the premise of playing good defense and running the ball. Its Chilly's philosophy. This team period will not be successful coming from behind no matter who is taking the snaps. The game did set up well for him but lets not forget his arm gave the vikings the 14-0 lead. His arm also gave them the 21-0 lead rather than just 17-0. His arm also answered the call following the blocked FG that made it 28-14 when the momentum seemed to be slipping a bit. This was also Chilly putting Jackson in a position to succeed. In the 1st 2 games of the year he didnt give Jackson that option.

geez, the guy ave. 15 yds per comp, threw for 4 t.d.,no int, i suppose he could have run for a couple. remember he is not calling the plays! if he had these stats every game i think he would be our starter for many yrs. if you want to rip him for what happened in the first two games, fine, but give him credit when he plays a good game!

Again, his arm put TD's on the board and created that nice lead rather than settling for FG's and leaving the game in doubt. And you are wrong, he did play great today. When his time came and he was asked to make plays he played great today. 15 yards a completion and 4 TD's is playing great. Does it mean he will do it again next week. No, and no one is saying that. But 6 quarters in a row now he has played great ball and its nice to see.

Quote:
Again, his arm put TD's on the board and created that nice lead rather than settling for FG's and leaving the game in doubt.

You guys in here where saying the same thing after the first couple games Gus played when starting this season, back when T-jack was benched grin T-jack was raked over the coals pretty hard in here, for what? A couple close games loss's.

Now, Gus is the “tank” and T-jack is the star crazygrin

I do think it was a bad move pulling T-jack earlier this year. He did play a great game today, but I still feel he has a season or two before he is on the cover SI.

Go Vikes!

lol....if you put a top tier qb in this offense we would easily come from behind...it would be a massacre the way we can run the ball...a good qb would shred the defense if they stacked the box...and if they didn't stack the box AP would run all over them.

you can't give a guy to much props for doing what he's supposed to do...he made a couple nice passes and handed the ball off to the machine.

the first two games he looked like a train wreck....didn't know to run or pass and was hesitant in everything he did...when the heat came he closed his eyes and threw the ball...guys were open on slants and he'd bullet them out of reach or throw to their backside....on the bomb he'd throw it high and hope for the best....i agree our play calling was [PoorWordUsage] but tjack couldn't even do ok with 8 in the box at the time.

everyone knows he has the physical skills but its the mental part, reading d's, having confidence, make a bad play and forget about it.

he should be able to make that pass frequently with single coverage to the #1 wr that we payed top dollar for...qbs pray for that....almost all his passes are to single coverage...when tjack is in the defenses pretty much only uses a few different plays.

they try to make tjack beat them and stop AP..they couldn't stop AP and tjack beat them today.

for the sake of the franchise i hope he does get better...but what i seen with half of a game against detroit and playin when everything went our way against the cards doesn't take back everything i seen up to that point.

I guess your that confident that Chilly has that in him? When the vikings have the defense and the running game going Childress looks brilliant. What happens if they are behind? You really think with Chillys philosophy at the reigns that it would be that simple? A top tier QB?

As far as throwing with 8 in the box. If you go back, Chilly didnt throw when there was 8 in the box. He tried to impose his will and run into the 8 man box than try to throw it on 3rd and 8. Remember the 2nd half of Indy? 1st and 10 run. 2nd and 9 run. 3rd and 7 pass. It was predictable and Indy knew what was coming as soon as the formation was put out there. No QB was going to succeed in that mess. What we saw today wasnt as predictable and it gave Jackson a chance to succeed.

And im going to give him props for putting TD's on the board rather than FG's. They rode the machine up and down the field but they finished on Jacksons arm.

I just do not understand how benching an “up and coming” QB after the first couple weeks in post season will help how he plays in the future. I guess if you are looking at “humiliation” as part of his training, he got a ton of that grin. I guess he learned a ton from watching Gus? confused

I could justify the benching of T-Jack if he had unsportsmanlike conduct, arguing at the officials and coach’s, purposely laying down or throwing equipment on the side line. Those are the things that will get a player benched, unless you go 0-5. But to do this at what? 0-2, after an OK pre-season crazy.

I think they just set back T-jack’s progress as a QB back and I do feel we would be in the same situation we are right now as we are in, if T-jack had played all season.