Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixflats

Floor for Canvis Craft Northlander

8 posts in this topic

This weak I'm getting a 8x8 Northlander with norpacR2 fold up from

Canvis Craft. Just wondering if there is another way to go besides a plywood floor.

We bought my dad that house for christmas last year.nice house!!!! it weighs a ton tho. Whats wrong with plywood???

it ways a ton. Kind of hoping to lighten it up. I was going back and fourth with 6x8 and 8x8 because of the weight. How heavy would you say it is.

I have a 6X8 about 20yrs old. I am pretty sure when I bought it they told me it was around 100lbs. By the way the house is almost in as good as shape as the day I bought it, Canvas Craft puts out a very high quality product.

Thanks guys cant weight to pick it up. I checked the web site and it says the 8x8 is 145 pounds to me its worth wrestling for beingcomfortable and having warm feet. I dont move around much.

All ready have some good ideas to move it around thanks to the ideas of jim43 and jimalm. Time to get the welder going and fire up the stove in the garage.

I have an old 6x8 also. Been out in it at 20 below with some awful winds. A great house. Just getting too heavy as I get older. I made a cradle for mine and put some old water skis under it. I can leave some of the covers off the holes when it's folded up and put 5 gal buckets in them when I'm pulling it. Still looks like new.

This weak I'm getting a 8x8 Northlander with norpacR2 fold up from

Canvis Craft. Just wondering if there is another way to go besides a plywood floor.

You are gonna love that house! Planning any overnighters in there?

Overnighters are in the picture. I bought the kit and assembled it myself tonight in the basement. Bp was right it ways a ton I wonder if I should have used cdx plywood instead of treated could have saved a third of weight. It was warmer in the ice house than the basement room. Now I got to figure how I'm going to get out of the basement, didnt think that one through to well. blushlaugh