Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caseymcq

Computer Game Problem

4 posts in this topic

I think I already know the answer to this but I figured I would ask in anyways incase one of the computer geniuses on the site had a fix for it.

I have an older computer game that I am trying to run on my newer computer. I have Windows XP on the new computer. When I try to install the game I get an error message:

Windows NT has been detected.

This is a Windows 95 game that will not run on Windows NT.

Is there a fix (something I could download or ?) for this or am I just out of luck?

This is where I will wear my computer ignorance on my sleeve. The error message says something about Windows NT but I thought I had Windows XP, is this a same difference issue?

Casey, XP is based on Windows NT 4.0 technology. But you could try running in windows 95/98 mode. To do that right click on the Icon (either on the desktop or in the start menu) and go to properties. Then look for a tab called compatibility, there is an option to pick windows 95/98 mode. Worth a shot. Good luck I hope it works.

Upnorth -

Thanks for the tip. I didn't quite get around to doing what you suggested but I used the Help and Support to search compatability and it brought me to a compatability wizard (who'd a thunk it) I ran that and wall-ah, it works now.