• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stupid jigging raps!

bmc

Yesterday afternoon, I got out to Winnie, thinking this front would have 'em on the feed bag. Needless to say it was a tough bite for me and my 2 partners. The fish wanted nothing to do w/ my assorted spoon and minnow head combo. One of the other guys caught an 'eye on a small airplane type jig head and minnow, so I broke out the jigging rap. One the positive side, the fish were hitting it, but I lost 4 nice keeper sized 'eyes right at the hole. So I got the pliers out the cut off the front and back hooks, leaving only the treble and the bite was done.

I was curious to see other people's experience with the vertical (spoon) vs. horizontal (jigging rap) approach.

Brian

it didnt take too many losses at the hole with a jigging rap for me to clip the front and back hooks. of course, since then ive had a walleye nibble at a jigging rap that may have been hooked had the hooks been there. i saw it on my camera. so, who knows?

regards,

minnesotatuff