Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MinnetonkaMan

Another great weekend!

5 posts in this topic

Went out Saturday thinking that there was hardly any birds left out there. We were wrong. We got eight old birds out of nine and missed a bunch which we always do. We had a black lab, pointing lab and a yelloew lab out in the fields and ditches and the scent was everywhere. We scared thenm out of the thick willows into the fields and it was a great day no wind and warm, had to downsize on the clothing. Maybe only a week or two left depending on snowfall and with the rain that will make the snow very crunchy and hard for the dogs. Hope others had a good weekend!

I went out to a couple area's closer to the cities and didn't find anything, maybe today will be better though wet!

We had a great Saturday also. A friend lives in SW Minn. and his friend saves his great piece of land for us. We had a couple hundred acres of great land to work and it was loaded with birds. We had 4 guys and just my dog. We had our 12 birds by 12:30 and must have seen 100 birds (I am sure some a couple of times). Dog worked great and ranged in front of all of us but there was scent everywhere for the dog. He had a fun day as did we.

We had a great Saturday too! 3 guys, 9 birds. Thanks DNR for upping the limit, it allowed us to keep hunting and we had a wonderful time. 1 old bird out of the 9.

we hit the southern part of the state also on saturday but we put a twist on our hunt as we search out rabbits with pheasants as the bouns ended up with 14 bunnies 2 fow squirrels and 2 phesants . what feast we'll be haveing.