Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
REEFHOG

Propane tank problems

6 posts in this topic

I bought a 5lb propane tank that has a concave bottom so instead of the bottom being flat it has a circular rim at the bottom. It makes the tank very steady and tip proof. I have a sunflower heater on top It worked great until I packed up and went to put it away. The rim had melted through the ice and was stuck. I couldnt budge it and thought I was going to have to direct some man made yellow hot water around it to melt the ice. I will have to carry something to put under the propane tank in the future. Funny now not at the time.

I put my tank on a piece of plywood so it won't freeze in. The plywood freezes in sometimes, but it can be removed with a good kick.

Milk crates work well, I have both of my 20# tanks in milk crates, haven't froze a tank n since.

WW

I put mine in one of the plastic tank holders that you set the tank in. I have never had it freeze down yet. Got it at FF or Menards.