• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Today's Big Game Shot

This is the one "big game" shot I got with my 500mm today. From about 30 feet. For me, the interesting point about this photo is how thin the DOF is. Shot at f/4, only the nose and back about half an inch is in focus.

squirrel.jpg

That's a good example Ken. I guess that's a perfect reason for someone to not buy the f2.8 lens and instead do as you and Steve did, buy the f4 or f5.6 since you're not going to be shooting wide open a lot of times anyways, at least at close range.

Am I right?

Especially at that close a range. I've got a lot to learn with this new lens, and just how much Av do I need at close range to get the majority of the subject in focus. Stay tuned as I experiment.....