Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dan z

just wondering how much ice you need to drive and park on

29 posts in this topic

so did anyone hear happened on lake washington? today hope soo. not that im dump but lets park closer together at the landing when the ice is only 8-9 1/2 inch it takes brains i guess.

i saw many people drive out on the ice. i guess 9 1/2 inch is safe drive on not in my book.

o by the way they fell throw the ice were they were parked yup takes brains

i would say 12" MINIMUM...thats what i would feel safe parking on

I drove out last night but it was in a 2 wheel drive s-10- drove the wheeler out last weekend and checked the ice with the auger every 100' or so I felt confident it was safe where I drove. I know 10" is fine for the s-10

no i was not driving out or parked on the ice not on 9 inch of ice. people that do that have another beer

Fixed it for you. smile

So did anyone hear what happened on lake Washington today? Hope so. Not that I'm smart but lets park closer to the landing when the ice is only 8-9 1/2 inches. It takes brains i guess.

I saw many people drive out. I guess 9 inches is safe to drive on but not in my book. Oh by the way they fell threw the ice where they were parked. Yup takes brains.

i drove out on a small lake up here there was 12" and i was still skeptical. but i think 12" is enough for my jimmy

Fixed it for you. smile

Originally Posted By: dan z
So did anyone hear what happened on lake Washington today? Hope so. Not that I'm smart but lets park closer to the landing when the ice is only 8-9 1/2 inches. It takes brains i guess.

I saw many people drive out. I guess 9 inches is safe to drive on but not in my book. Oh by the way they fell threw the ice where they were parked. Yup takes brains.

It's great to have an FBI interpreter as a member on this site. laugh

Fixed it for you. smile

Originally Posted By: dan z

Thanks for claifying that smeese! I was also confused. wink

so did anyone here happened on lake washington today hope soo. not that im dump but lets park closer at the landing when the ice is only 8-9 1/2 inch it takes brains i guess.

i saw many people drive out i guess 9 inch is safe drive on not in my book

o by the way they fell throw the ice were they were parked yup takes brains

heres what hes talking about....

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...shi#Post1640553

sorry you could not read that. maybe you didnt understand me. maybe you guys have a problem reading english

Depends what you drive.

with my car id feel comfortable on 8-9 but with a big truck probably 12

I usually wait until at least 18" with my truck, but I'm over cautious.

Yeah, a solid 15+ for the Burban. Last thing I want to do is go in the water when it's cold out! blush

ole

I'm more on the cautious side. 18-20 for my truck and I like to see dang near 10 for my wheeler.

I'm more on the cautious side. 18-20 for my truck and I like to see dang near 10 for my wheeler.

you are probably the most caustious person ever... not a bad thing

Yeah, a solid 15+ for the Burban. Last thing I want to do is go in the water when it's cold out! blush

ole

im w/ ya here! nothin under 14 or 15 inches for the truck and a good 10 like Sandmann said for the wheeler!