• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2000 ford f150 5.4 triton

I was just wondering on a guesstimate on what it would cost for all fluid changed on the truck. I hit a 100,000 so had them all done and feel i got overcharged but maybe i am wrong. i had coolant flush, tranny fluid and filter change, oil change, differentials, rearend. also on a seperate charge had the ball joints replaced. I am going in on monday to get a quote from another shop, and maybe i can get it dropped some or maybe i am just wrong

every shop is different as far as pricing, where i work did a job with 4 ball joints on a f-150 and allignment cost around $800 coolant flush $89, tranny flush $89+$35 for fluid filter change around $125 for both the differentials approx $100 and the transfer case around 40-50

approx total $1288

check around with times being tough some shops are giving discounts on labor to get jobs and being competitive. i think it was either the 2003 or 2004 model you have to replace the upper control arm for when replacing the upper ball joints(now that can add another $100)

hope this helps in you with your truck.

$950 for the fluid changes seems excessive given how much work is actually involved in changing them. Unless its that much more difficult to do on a Ford (I've done all of them on my Silverado myself and there's not much to it).

Well off the top of my head,

Coolant flush- $59

Trans flush - $129 add $60 with filter change

oil change - $25

front diff - $60

transfercase - $60

rear diff - $150

brake fluid flush- $40

power steering flush- $40

possible add ons

fuel filter -$60

air filter - $15

spark plugs - $225

I am going in on monday to get a quote from another shop, and maybe i can get it dropped some or maybe i am just wrong

Too late. You price shop before you buy not after. No body said you had to do those services right then and there and you should have been told how much those services where before they where done. If you told them to go ahead and do them they full filled there obligation and expect you to do the same.

i told them to do it and thats why i paid them. but i just basicly wanted to know how bad i was taken. i just never figured that they would screw me over like that. i just know after this to never take anything to them again and to refer other people not to either. times are tough, a dollar is a dollar, and i shoulda asked first

If you think your bill is wrong, I would still go in and have them explain how it got to be that high. They may have done something you didnt realize, or they may have made a mistake. Let them know that you think they are over priced, it may or may not help you, but they may re-evaluate their pricing and it may help the next guy! You cant expect them to refund any money as you did approve those prices, but they might!