Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outdrzman78

2000 ford f150 5.4 triton

10 posts in this topic

I was just wondering on a guesstimate on what it would cost for all fluid changed on the truck. I hit a 100,000 so had them all done and feel i got overcharged but maybe i am wrong. i had coolant flush, tranny fluid and filter change, oil change, differentials, rearend. also on a seperate charge had the ball joints replaced. I am going in on monday to get a quote from another shop, and maybe i can get it dropped some or maybe i am just wrong

every shop is different as far as pricing, where i work did a job with 4 ball joints on a f-150 and allignment cost around $800 coolant flush $89, tranny flush $89+$35 for fluid filter change around $125 for both the differentials approx $100 and the transfer case around 40-50

approx total $1288

check around with times being tough some shops are giving discounts on labor to get jobs and being competitive. i think it was either the 2003 or 2004 model you have to replace the upper control arm for when replacing the upper ball joints(now that can add another $100)

hope this helps in you with your truck.

they charged me $675 for the ball joints and $950 for the fluid changes and i thought that was ridiculous, i guess i was right on the fluids part. thanks for the info

$950 for the fluid changes seems excessive given how much work is actually involved in changing them. Unless its that much more difficult to do on a Ford (I've done all of them on my Silverado myself and there's not much to it).

I would say that is rather high! Are you sure it isnt $950 for the ball joints and $650 for the fluid change?

Well off the top of my head,

Coolant flush- $59

Trans flush - $129 add $60 with filter change

oil change - $25

front diff - $60

transfercase - $60

rear diff - $150

brake fluid flush- $40

power steering flush- $40

possible add ons

fuel filter -$60

air filter - $15

spark plugs - $225

I am going in on monday to get a quote from another shop, and maybe i can get it dropped some or maybe i am just wrong

Too late. You price shop before you buy not after. No body said you had to do those services right then and there and you should have been told how much those services where before they where done. If you told them to go ahead and do them they full filled there obligation and expect you to do the same.

i told them to do it and thats why i paid them. but i just basicly wanted to know how bad i was taken. i just never figured that they would screw me over like that. i just know after this to never take anything to them again and to refer other people not to either. times are tough, a dollar is a dollar, and i shoulda asked first

If you think your bill is wrong, I would still go in and have them explain how it got to be that high. They may have done something you didnt realize, or they may have made a mistake. Let them know that you think they are over priced, it may or may not help you, but they may re-evaluate their pricing and it may help the next guy! You cant expect them to refund any money as you did approve those prices, but they might!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• 4"-6" sucker minnows are turning walleyes on a lot of lakes right now.  Seems to be an underutilized method lately.  
    • It would probably be more accurate for you to say you simply choose not to believe it will be a problem.   What happens to your theory if interest rates rise to 5%?  
    • All depends on the district and how many years you have been a teacher.  Although MN is looking for teacher all over.. Our current district decided on keeping befits really high and seeing an increase in pay. Where my mother in-law (down in the cities) they have great benefits but there wages haven't not increased as significantly..    Although my wife is looking to open a daycare up so we knows if she will be teaching after all? 
    • You'll be fine with the door in the V.  I heard at one point that the Lake of the Woods edition was Ice Castle's most popular layout.  I know I see tons of them, but you will have to take some precautions.  I use a Towtector on my truck, which keeps the majority of the slush down.  A piece of tape or a tennis ball over the door knob is also done frequently.  Other than that, you'll have icing and freezing of your door, regardless of where you put it.  Just the nature of the doors we use.       
    • That does happen a lot and it sucks having to play those games.  I took my contract job knowing I was going to keep looking for full time work so it was really just a stop gap to get pay checks coming in and also to gain some experience in a new area and with a different company.  I think i was there less than 2 months total including the 2 week notice I gave after accepting my full time job.  Often times its easier getting a job when you're already working somewhere as you are viewed as more employable.  If you're not working then employers start to wonder why. That where a short term contract job can pay off.
    • I'm lucky enough to have the choice when I start my day, usually head in before traffic gets bad(6:30), but today I woke up and was like..........I'll wait until after rush hour(let that carp melt). We have a guy that starts at 4:30 am, and others that roll in at 10:00 am.   35W-494-Hwy100 on the way in, but I avoid 494 like the plague in the afternoon and cut through Bloomington. Adds a few minutes time that way, but it's always the same amount of time,  I hate hate hate the accordion traffic of 494. Jump on 35W right before the MN river and I have my own lane, no merging needed.   Curious to see how shutting down Hwy 169 is gonna affect things. Might roll in even earlier if need be.   Started working from home on Friday's two weeks ago, it's nice but I don't know if I would ever enjoy working from home full time. Stir crazy and lack of interaction with other folks.   Living on the south side of the metro stinks for taking trips up north. But we live with fewer meth mullets around.   We picked where we wanted to live first and then adjusted how far we were willing to travel for a job.        
    • Ya a saw that, sounds like they have played an easy schedule but you still have to pretty good to have that kind of record.
    • One could also say Koivu has been reborn, that line has been on a tear lately. I think all of them are at or near a point per game for the last 22 games. Not to mention they are doing that while usually getting the job of shutting down the other teams top line. Crazyness!
    • most people are pretty good in the shanty towns that I frequent.  the thing that pisses me off is the guys that come out with there 50 grand fish house and there 5 dollar generator.  instead of leaving it in the back of the truck where it wont bother anyone they drag it 50ft front there house set it next to me and let it buck very annoying.
    • Maybe you can help me understand something.  He mentions his wife is a teacher.  From what I have been told and through reading doc's through the MN Dept of Education, teachers generally get paid the same.  I understand there is a little "bump" for working in the cities, but doesn't the State Teachers Union dictate what teachers make to some extent?  My daughter wants to get into teaching and I was just curious.  I highly doubt a English teacher in Shakopee makes $15,000 more than a teacher in Detroit Lakes when comparing degrees and experience.  Hopefully MJ can offer some insight as well. Thanks!
  • Our Sponsors