• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance H20c problems?

&JAG

ever since I got my 08' lakemaster chip my gps has not been starting up everytime or even close! I used to have the 06' chip and it worked fine... What's the problem? It freezes at the beg. photo.

Couple things you can try.

1. Brush the contacts on your LM chip with a pencil eraser - blow the dust off before you put it back in your H2O.

2. Try the pencil eraser in your H2O if you want, and again, blow the dust out.

3. If the chip is locking up, try wiggling the chip to get it to seat better.

4. Try the chip in a different gps.

Ocassionally you get a gps and chip that just won't play nice together. Example - I have several gps units and several chips, and they all work great together except for 1 gps and 1 chip that lock up like you describe ..... but wiggling the chip to reseat it usually fixes the problem.

Good luck getting it to work.