• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gas in my oil ????

Well yes and no.... I started it every other month or so in the summer. I started it two weeks ago and it ran good. I went to use it and nothing but smoke and sputter. I am not a mechanic but I'm gonna take the carb off tomorrow and give it a good cleaning and change the oil. When I change oil could I add sea foam to it? Then I would run it for a half hour and change oil again after I clean the carb??? I was thinking the diaphram or seal what ever you want to call it could be cracked. I was told to use only non ethonal gas for small engines is this true?? Could I run a synthetic in the generator?

I wouldnt add seafoam to the oil. As for the ethonal, the only downside of it is it has a short shelf life. So if you use the gas up in less then 3 months it doesnt matter, but if the fuel in the tank sits in there for longer, I would find non ethonal added fuel.

Well I took her apart today and cleaned everything..... It seemed pretty clean. I changed the oil and put a little seafoam in and ran it for 10 minutes. Everything was fine, so I changed the oil again to get the seafoam out and it ran fine. I'm thinking something could've stuck in the carb or the generator could've got flooded be being on its side....

there could be some dirt or varnish around the needle and seat. try cleaning it out and if that doesn't fixed it replace the needle and seat. don't add seafoam to the oil that will thin it out, adding it to the gas wont hurt tho.