• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

License question...

I believe they are planning on doing it, but I haven't heard for sure. If they do it, the card is good for 3 years and the extra charge for the card is around $6. You still have to pay for the fishing license too. The good thing is you can renew it and get a 3 year fishing lic in the future.

I just got back from Fort Erie and getting my 2009 Ontario Sportsmans fishing license. This is the one that lets you keep the greatest amount of your catch.

The sportmans fishing license (non-resident) cost is $68 CAN.

The card is another $9 CAN and is mandatory.

Card is good for 3 years.

Exchange rate is now right about 25%.

So the total price of $77 CAN is about $58.

Oh good!! Thanks guys! I heard rumors that it was going to be like $180 dollars and was a bit worried about how much it was going to cost to fish Canada this year. I was going to pay it reguardless, but I was curious as to how the program would work. Thanks guys!!!! I appreciate it!!

This is actually a change for the better. It will enable you to get a license quicker when at the Canadian bait shop. (2 out of 3 years) The one in 3 years when you have to renew it might slow you down a bit, but I beleive you will be able to renew either through mail, when they mail you renewal stuff, or online.

I sell them at my store, and I was just informed of the changes by MNR. I will keep you posted if there's any other news on it.

Does Manitoba have the outdoor card or is it just Ontario?

Last year I faxed in an order for our ontario licenses and they where mailed to me about 10 days later. It was a huge time saver since we didn't have to wait to do the paper work at a gas station.