Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
tearin' lips

License question...

Does anyone have any verification on an "outdoor card" for non-residents this year. I heard through the grapevine that we will be required to have it. How much does it cost and how long does it go for?

I believe they are planning on doing it, but I haven't heard for sure. If they do it, the card is good for 3 years and the extra charge for the card is around $6. You still have to pay for the fishing license too. The good thing is you can renew it and get a 3 year fishing lic in the future.

I just got back from Fort Erie and getting my 2009 Ontario Sportsmans fishing license. This is the one that lets you keep the greatest amount of your catch.

The sportmans fishing license (non-resident) cost is $68 CAN.

The card is another $9 CAN and is mandatory.

Card is good for 3 years.

Exchange rate is now right about 25%.

So the total price of $77 CAN is about $58.

Oh good!! Thanks guys! I heard rumors that it was going to be like $180 dollars and was a bit worried about how much it was going to cost to fish Canada this year. I was going to pay it reguardless, but I was curious as to how the program would work. Thanks guys!!!! I appreciate it!!

This is actually a change for the better. It will enable you to get a license quicker when at the Canadian bait shop. (2 out of 3 years) The one in 3 years when you have to renew it might slow you down a bit, but I beleive you will be able to renew either through mail, when they mail you renewal stuff, or online.

I sell them at my store, and I was just informed of the changes by MNR. I will keep you posted if there's any other news on it.

Does Manitoba have the outdoor card or is it just Ontario?

Last year I faxed in an order for our ontario licenses and they where mailed to me about 10 days later. It was a huge time saver since we didn't have to wait to do the paper work at a gas station.