• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best gloves?

Scott K

I love my Ice Armors. Listen, you are going to be getting people complaining that they aren't waterproof, yeah, I doubt many gloves are. But for setting up and tearing down, they are great. Most of us sit in a heated house, so usually the gloves aren't worn while fishing anyway. They are worth the money, I think.

I have a pair of the regular Ice Armors that are great for hole hopping outside the portable because I can still reel etc. with them on. I also have a pair of the Ice Armor X gloves which are very warm, but too bulky for reeling etc.

I found sfter years of freezing my fingers off due to ditching my gloves because you can't tie line with them...etc...I wear some fingerless wool ones that I always keep on so I can still work with my hands and then throw some chopper mittens on over those when outside, drilling holes, etc....the ones with the flip back mitten just dont seem to be as warm as the chopper over the fingerless gloves.

I recently picked up a pair of the Ice Armor X gloves with the fingers and spot for a heat pack, $40. They worked great sitting still but on the atv they made my fingers cold. My Uncles both had snowmobile gloves which kept there fingers toasty warm. I'm gonna get my $40 back and buy a real pair of snowmobile gloves.

The Ice Armor gloves are too bulky anyways to work around the hole to use the waterproof feature.

The trip to LOW was a good test for some new equipment recently purchased though. The gloves of course were a bust. The Mr Heater cooker lasted one day. The $50 Tica reel had a screw back out. The $50 St. Criox ice rod was ok but didn't like the spring bobber system. Will keep the rod and reel more than likely but anybody with the spendy new Ticas need to keep an eye on the screw that holds the bail on. On day two it was in my hands and luckily not in the hole.

I use a bunch of different gloves. Arctic Armor gloves are waterproof and are great for drilling holes and pulling sleds, etc. but are a little bulkier than I like for fishing. I wear lined and unlined deer or elkskin gloves a lot. And I wear fingerless rag wool gloves a lot, and chopper mitts too. It all depends on the temperature and if I'm walking out, going out on my atv, or driving out.... and if I'll be in the portable a lot or if I'll be outside hole hopping around.

I wear under armor glove liners for actually fishing, deer skin lined gloves for travel or leather snowmobile gloves when really cold. Without handwarmers or the good chopper mitts I don't know if you can keep your hands warm on an ATV when it's below zero with gloves.

Thanks for the info. I bought a pair of the regular Ice Armour gloves because I dont like to wear gloves unless I have to. So I didnt want anything really bulky. I am sure they arent the warmest, but they looked fishing friendly. I have a decent pair of mittens to wear when really cold, I just wanted a good pair of gloves.

Neoprene (waterfowl) decoy gloves when ever water is involved. Picking up tip ups, baiting tip ups, snow packing around portable, handling fish. The only problem is your hands will be wet from all the sweat.

I also have a pair of Ice Armour and absolutely love them. A little spendy, but if you want quality what it isn't expensive.