• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy

late night

So I have had this Jiffy for 6 years now and I still hate it. The most cold blooded SOB I have ever meet. Its a 3 horse stealth. On a warm day it works pretty good but on a day less than 20 degrees she's a real-------. I have to keep pumping the primer when I am drilling otherwiese she wants to stall. Is there something I can do, besides by a Strike Master or Nills? I mix the gas just like the bottle says but I am thinking of running a little more gas and less oil because it seems like the mixture is too rich.

??????

Few things

Varnish laying in the jets/bow.

Bad diaphram

Oil mixture to rich or heavy

Leak or rotted fuel/ pump line

Just way out of tune

Get a tune up on the unit and it should be fine. We let ours ride in the back of plow trucks and shake the snow off before starting and they always fire up.

Sounds like your stelth is a little fuel starved. Most likley caused by the high speed needle ajustment. Sounds like it needs to be richened a little . This should be done in 1/8 turn incraments counter clockwise until it runs proper.

Thanks for the suggestions. With blizzard setting in tonight I should have plenty of time to play around with it in the garage tommorow. I am not a very good mechanic but I always try to treat my small enigines right. I buy non-ethonal gas, change plugs, use stabile but them small engines always seem to get the best of me.

Gonna hit the ice hard today. I guy would think with this big weather change coming the wally's will jumpen out the hole!!!

I have a Jiffy Model 30 that I'd love to get rid of and get one of the lighter augers, but it's the most reliable auger in the group of guys I fish with. Always starts, always cuts, regardless of the temperature. I think the advice the other guys are giving you is good advice that will take care of your issues. Good luck.

I was having a similar problem last yr, my model 30 wouldn't start, and it was the first yr I used it. I was so mad that I wanted to sink it to the bottom of the lake, I even broke the cord, that really made me mad. I took it to the jiffy place in st.cloud, and they replaced the cord and adjusted the idle for me. They told me when they tune them at the factory it at room temp not sub freezing temps where you actually use it. Ever sence then it runs like a champ.