Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PerchPounder

12/13/08

12 posts in this topic

Anyone fishing tomorrow? Im planning on being out all day tomorrow. I will hopefully be hitting Smith's Bay first thing in the morning and then who knows where.

Starting on Anglers, if the wind gets bad then who knows. 5 shacks tonight on Smiths 4 on the bouy line 1 in shallow. 5 shacks were off the ramp on Emerson this afternoon. Millers ice is iffy be careful on there.

Thanks for the info. have you been fishing shallow on anglers or out in the deeper water?

8' so far is all, only made it out once so far but ready to make up for it. Green Eskimo QFIII with a Nils sitting next to it stop and say Hi.

going to try and make it on 12-14-08 don't know wear yet

Wind is the forcast for Sunday with the bottom dropping out of the temps. NW winds 25-30 with higher gusts. High early in the low 30's falling to the teens to near single digits by dark. We may be in the canals Sunday just to be able to fish and somewhat get out of the wind. Unless PP pounds them in Smiths grin

found some fish in Smith's but nothing to fast or exciting patience was the key and if someone was moving around or drilling holes get ready you should be seeing fish soon.

Did anyone brave the weather yesterday? I was planning on heading down early but quickly changed my mind after stepping outside and finding everything iced over and 40 mph wind blowing.

Anglers again or did you retreat to the canals? Anyone fishing main lake on Spirit yet or Miller's Bay?

Canals. I haven't been around the lake,saw 1 shack out in the middle of Browns this afternoon on the rock pile. Must be fair ice he was along ways out. I'll be on Millers Sat hopefully. i need my walleye fix. Shacks were out between Stoney and Cottenwood Saturday with quads. Not sure how they got there but there were several for awhile.

I sent quite a ways out off Cottonwood on Saturday with my sled. I did not like the looks of the ice so I walked 3/4 of the way to Stoney punching holes all the way. It was 8-10 inches out there. I marked quite a few fish at 14 fow but I didn't conncect with any of them.

I followed the shore line out of Angler's. There was another guy down by the footbride a good ways out.