• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Meal on the Ice

JimBuck

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the wheelhouse we eat pretty well. Venison breakfast sausage with eggs and onions in a tortilla with a little hot sauce. Bergers and brats on the grill for lunch. Pre-made chili or made get the grill out again for a rib-eye and fry up some taters. If we have left over taters from supper we save them and use em the next day for breakfast.

LOL....fishchicka...I like your little thing at the bottom of your message...fish play games too! Very funny.

I'm definitely going to try your recipe.

hehe, seems that way sometimes, I swear the fish are down there laughing at us sayin, watch me ma look at this sucker run!

Hope you like the recipe when you try it out, it's so quick and easy.

when in portable just samiches and chips and mountain dew and chex mix. havent tried it yet but going to get a can of speggetteos or however you spell it or raveolies in the can take off the paper around can and put it on heat source.

when you do that...make sure that you stur it very often...if you dont it will burn and ruin the whole can

good luck

I invented this breakfast completely by accident at scout camp. Now it is what I am famous for in our troop.

Ingredients:

~1 can of spam

~pancake mix

~syrup

take the spam and slice it thin and throw it on the a griddle. While that is sizzling mix up the pancake mix into a regular batter. Take the fried spam off the griddle and dip it in the pancake batter. then throw it back on the griddle and make the pancake around the spam. take it off when its done to your likeing, throw some syrup on it and enjoy.

IceChicka, that's a great recipe that I'll have to try. Thanks for sharing.

No problems, Hope you enjoy em smile

I usually get asked how to make em when someone new tries em, amazing they are sooo simple and done in 5 to 10 mins if u dont cook em longer in the oven.

Let me know what ya think when ya try em out.

I invented this breakfast completely by accident at scout camp. Now it is what I am famous for in our troop.

Ingredients:

~1 can of spam

~pancake mix

~syrup

take the spam and slice it thin and throw it on the a griddle. While that is sizzling mix up the pancake mix into a regular batter. Take the fried spam off the griddle and dip it in the pancake batter. then throw it back on the griddle and make the pancake around the spam. take it off when its done to your likeing, throw some syrup on it and enjoy.

This actually sounds pretty good. May have to give this a try smile

Originally Posted By: mrfish1991

Ingredients:

~1 can of spam

~pancake mix

~syrup

This actually sounds pretty good. May have to give this a try smile

ha thanks....i call them spanks (spam pancakes)

2-cans Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash

6 Eggs

4 English Muffins or other bread of choice

1-large non-stick skillet with a lid if you have one.

Option--Shredded Cheese of choice

Fry the Hash, make 6 holes in the Hash, crack Eggs into the holes, cover until the eggs are poached to your liking. sprinkle cheese over it, place muffins on a plate and cover them with your hash and eggs, pass the Tabasco Sauce and Beer.

Marinated Venison on the portable grill!!

1-2 pounds Venison loin or roast sliced 1/2 to 1 inch thick.

1/3 cup soy sauce

1/4 cup oil

1 T sesame oil (capital T for Tablespoon)

1 T garlic powder

1 T black pepper

1 T creole seasoning

Mix marinade in ziploc bag before adding the meat. Shake it up to thoroughly mix seasonings. Then add Venison. Marinate for at least 4 hours but up to a couple days, then grill til Pink and not a second longer. If it's not Pink on the inside it won't be nearly as good.