• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gotta Get 'Em Before the Squirrels

Birdsong

3102058965_ff6c70c968_o.jpg

I was trying to lure a chickadee or nuthatch to the deck railing thinking I could still get a fairly natural looking environment. Look who came to breakfast, the little thief. A little sun would have been nice. This is a bit of an experiment. It was quick processed in my basic EOS browser, as I have for all but the last post which was in the Photography Forum. If I would take it to Photoshop to do highlights and shadows, despeckle or tighten the eye I am not able to get a preview, and my post would only show an url, at least on my monitor. Is it because I crop in one program and process in another? It loads to Flickr just fine, and processed this way, it popped right up in the preview.

Did you upload the new version of your photo? The program you use will have no bearing on the ability to post your picture. If you want to post the new version on here go ahead and I will take a look at the post and see why it is not showing up.

I'm no expert on photo quality, but it looks fine to me. Amazing how much stuff one of those blue jays can put in their mouth at one time. Counted 5 kernels of corn one of the local talent flew off with the other day.

Did you upload the new version of your photo? The program you use will have no bearing on the ability to post your picture. If you want to post the new version on here go ahead and I will take a look at the post and see why it is not showing up.

Oops! Sorry, I have been away from the computer. I tried the Photoshop version last night and this morning first. I just got the 'preview loading' message. After ten minutes I shut it down without submitting. Same thing happened with the stellar jay, but I did submit that one. The photo showed up on my monitor the next day. I figured someone fixed it for me? I knew I had been able to submit normally before--retirement shouldn't have fogged the brain that badly! Then I realized I hadn't Photoshopped before so I gave this version a try--no problem. Thanks--I'll try it on another photo and see what happens.

Thank you! Don't know that I'm able to tell much difference and it sure is a lot easier. By the way, I have just come to realize what a gem we have in you with your Fencelines. Didn't know if I could respond to the column so I will tell you here.

Birdsong, fell free to reply to Dotch right in the column thread. Helps him know his writing isn't falling on deaf ears. If others are like me, we read each one but often don't comment. I'm sure Dotch sometimes feels like he's shouting into the wilderness. gringringrin

And nice jay!

Birdsong, fell free to reply to Dotch right in the column thread. Helps him know his writing isn't falling on deaf ears. If others are like me, we read each one but often don't comment. I'm sure Dotch sometimes feels like he's shouting into the wilderness. gringringrin

And nice jay!

For sure, always feel free to comment Birdsong, good or bad. It sometimes gives me direction if/when I've strayed off into the rhubarb. If I could display a fraction of the talent some of the photograpers here do including Steve and yourself, I would be dangerous. Appreciate all the kind words here in addition to those I receive on the streets of Bugtussle from the Bugtusslians. grin