• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mr Heater Cooker Question

WollMan

What's up guys, quick question. I am planning on picking up the cooker. What hose should I get to connect to a larger tank? I do not want to have to deal with the 1 pounders all the time. And, where around the Blaine area can I get tanks filled? If anyone has the answer'ss I would appreciate it.

As far as propane goes: SA on University and 109th fill tanks. Also Little Bighorn is a good place to go and that is further west on 109th/Northdale. There has got to be a few places in Lino or Circle Pines that fill or at least exchange. Holiday and Fleet Farm on Lexington should both have exchanges. If you find yourself heading the way of Flake MotoMart is very reasonable.

Which tank would you guys recomend? I dont really want to go with the 20 lbs cause I fish out of my car and it will eat space. How does the 12 lbs tank work for everyone? Is it worth it to just get the 20?

Which tank would you guys recomend? I dont really want to go with the 20 lbs cause I fish out of my car and it will eat space. How does the 12 lbs tank work for everyone? Is it worth it to just get the 20?

I have a 5 lb tank and like it, especially for early ice when I am pulling everything by hand. Only downfall is you have to fill up more often.

I've read that you shouldn't need a filter (or a hise that filters) when running the cookers. I had one that I ran for 3 years w/o a filter, but then I got the Big Buddy (got the filter with it). Although, probably better safe than sorry - get the filter or the green hose to be save.

Re: tank size - I have a 5lb tank that I thought I would use early and late ice to reduce weight, but I've found myself using 20lbers all the time. 5lb tanks are nice though size-wise.

5 lb'er are great if your pulling by hand or have limmited room but a 20 will cost less to buy. Mikes LP on Frost Ave in Maplewood will make you any hose, any length, with the right connections and fill your tanks for less $ than to exchange. They also can repair your small or large heaters. Yesterday they made me two hoses out of my one longer damaged hose using all new wrenchless tank connections and new connections for the heater for just over $30 in less than 5 minutes.

Great place to deal with!

HTB

i also have a cooker and was wondering where can i pick up one of those green hose? Also is that all you need then is just the green hose and just connect it to the heater and tank?

thanks

zach

I saw em on the Mr Heater site. Look under accesseries

i was looking at the 12' hose at FF. i could only find a hose the would connect to the heater but I would have to get an adapter to connect to the tank. anyone that a solution to this or should i just look somewhere like Menards or N Tool?