Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WollMan

Mr Heater Cooker Question

21 posts in this topic

What's up guys, quick question. I am planning on picking up the cooker. What hose should I get to connect to a larger tank? I do not want to have to deal with the 1 pounders all the time. And, where around the Blaine area can I get tanks filled? If anyone has the answer'ss I would appreciate it.

I recommend the green 10' hose....it eliminates the need for a separate filter and hose assembly....also works on buddy heaters.

As far as propane goes: SA on University and 109th fill tanks. Also Little Bighorn is a good place to go and that is further west on 109th/Northdale. There has got to be a few places in Lino or Circle Pines that fill or at least exchange. Holiday and Fleet Farm on Lexington should both have exchanges. If you find yourself heading the way of Flake MotoMart is very reasonable.

Which tank would you guys recomend? I dont really want to go with the 20 lbs cause I fish out of my car and it will eat space. How does the 12 lbs tank work for everyone? Is it worth it to just get the 20?

I recommend the green 10' hose....it eliminates the need for a separate filter and hose assembly....also works on buddy heaters.

what green hoses are you referring to JimBuck??

JimBuck knows what he's talking about.I run the same one on a cooker and Buddy.

Which tank would you guys recomend? I dont really want to go with the 20 lbs cause I fish out of my car and it will eat space. How does the 12 lbs tank work for everyone? Is it worth it to just get the 20?

I have a 5 lb tank and like it, especially for early ice when I am pulling everything by hand. Only downfall is you have to fill up more often.

I've read that you shouldn't need a filter (or a hise that filters) when running the cookers. I had one that I ran for 3 years w/o a filter, but then I got the Big Buddy (got the filter with it). Although, probably better safe than sorry - get the filter or the green hose to be save.

Re: tank size - I have a 5lb tank that I thought I would use early and late ice to reduce weight, but I've found myself using 20lbers all the time. 5lb tanks are nice though size-wise.

Looking to get one myself. Can you guys comment on burn time? (Ex. 1 lb,5 lb,and 20 lb) Typical hi/low settings. Does a 1 lb burn out in 1 1/2 hours on hi, 3 hours on low?

Tested the one pounder the last couple nights. It lasts aprox. 2 hours on low. That is all you get out of it.

i also have a cooker and was wondering where can i pick up one of those green hose? Also is that all you need then is just the green hose and just connect it to the heater and tank?

thanks

zach

5 lb'er are great if your pulling by hand or have limmited room but a 20 will cost less to buy. Mikes LP on Frost Ave in Maplewood will make you any hose, any length, with the right connections and fill your tanks for less $ than to exchange. They also can repair your small or large heaters. Yesterday they made me two hoses out of my one longer damaged hose using all new wrenchless tank connections and new connections for the heater for just over $30 in less than 5 minutes.

Great place to deal with!

HTB

i also have a cooker and was wondering where can i pick up one of those green hose? Also is that all you need then is just the green hose and just connect it to the heater and tank?

thanks

zach

Correct. Done deal.

thanks

zach

I saw em on the Mr Heater site. Look under accesseries

I got mine at Menards. Fleet Farm also carries them. I got the 12' hose for $18 or so.

Was wondering if anybody has tried the one they sell at wally world that look like these and how they compare?

i was looking at the 12' hose at FF. i could only find a hose the would connect to the heater but I would have to get an adapter to connect to the tank. anyone that a solution to this or should i just look somewhere like Menards or N Tool?