• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need battery help

Ironranger

help.

I bought the kids a 94 artic cat 340 pantera to learn the fun of sledding.

It needed a new battery, so I bought a new one, apparently for that type of battery there is a left post version and a right post version.

well i bought the wrong one, and very stupidly hooked it up reverse polarity, tried starting it after charging, and got no response at all when trying to start it of course.

I reversed polarity, and it still does nothing at all. I know the battery is good.

What harm have I done? Have I burned something up, like the iginition by reversing the polarity on the posts.

And, yes, obviously I am not that smart when it comes to electrical things.

someone please help and let me know what i can do.

thanks, Eric

I am sure you blew a fuse, check the fuses. I would say the fuse box is under the hood and on the right side (sitting on the seat) above the chain case. By the air box. It should be a little black box (1" x 3-4"'s) and flip top lid. I am not sure what fuse it is, but there should only be 3-4 fuses at the max.

That is where I would start.

Good luck!