• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"friend" of mine is poaching

PmDavis300

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what, he shot a deer in the metro with a bow. Probably saved the city or county money by not having to hire a sharp shooter to take the population down. I might not agree with shooting over bait. maybe you should just say hey you know it is illegal to hunt over bait.

Where I'm from it is better to be friends with your neighbors than cause conflict. Who is he gonna assume turned him in?? all his neighbors

Actually, in Minnetonka the Sniper team gets to go out and hunt the parks and woods every so often. The bummer is that they also have to drag them out to the road and they are taken away for food shelf and hides for habitat or something like that.

Ya any hunter with the deer permit can shoot as many deer as they want. They just need to purchase the extra doe tag, they are 15 dollars.

Sorry, but I dont understand your reply to my post. What does this have to do with police thinning herds?

As far as I know they each got 5 tags, for all I know maybe they didn't. It just seemed a little strange, our area has a lot less deer in it compared to 4-5 years ago and now they got 20 deer. It was by total accident I stumbled across there stands and corn piles. I played it stupid like I didn't know anything and the one guys wife kept giving me deer updates. 1st update was they had 8 deer. 2nd update in mid-october was 14, 3rd update just after rifle season 20. I used to think these guys were really good bowhunters who put in their time........maybe there in lies the controversy, time, bait= less time to hopefully get the desired result, if opposed to baiting you are willing to put in as much time as necessary with no guarantee you won't be eating tag soup. Because I'm convinced if I could bait during Muzzleloader season I'd have on a cold year a large herd already in my swamp chowing down. The shooting part wouldn't be too tough. Back to topic poaching, I see they are talking about uncased guns etc. Do you think it would make it easier for a poacher or I guess it wouldn't matter because they would do whatever is easiest anyway, I like the case rule, but there are times when driving deer and our cases are not with us or chasing down a crippled waterfowl, I don't know maybe a new topic.